Are you passionate about sustainable agriculture, hospitality and cheese?
Do you love the beauty of West Marin?
Then join our fun and hardworking team at The Fork, Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company’s Culinary & Educational Center!
100% Women-Owned by Giacomini sisters, Jill, Lynn and Diana, and located just 3 miles north of Point Reyes Station (40 minutes from Petaluma, Novato and San Anselmo) on Highway 1, Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company (PRFC) is known for its award-winning artisan cheeses. PRFC offers a truly unique work environment -- one where the employees work hard, have fun and enjoy very special (and delicious) benefits.
Fork Hospitality Coordinator: This job is to lead the Fork Hospitality team as well as market, plan and execute Fork events. This position leads the Hospitality staff, giving guidance and training to all permanent and ad hoc (server) staff. Essential functions include: Ensuring the highest level of customer service to all farm guests, Overseeing front of the house including service quality, décor, customer experience, Scheduling of wait staff, Coordinating event details to ensure guest satisfaction, Writing and finalizing all event proposals, Receiving and hosting guests, including leading walking farm tours and cheese tastings and selling to Marketplace shoppers, Providing wait service during events as needed, Directing and assisting in event setup, Stocking and merchandising retail items in The Marketplace, Working occasional virtual and offsite consumer events, Training and guiding servers.
Full Time, 40 hours per week. Schedule based on event calendar. Some evenings and Saturdays required.
HOW WE ARE PROTECTING OUR EMPLOYEES
At Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented additional processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized daily.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing employees additional paid time off and adhere to all state and federal time off leaves for a confirmed case of COVID-19.
As a condition of employment we ask that you attest that you have been vaccinated for Covid-19 unless you have a medical or sincerely held religious belief that exempts you from getting vaccinated.
This job is to lead the Fork Hospitality team as well as market, plan and execute Fork events.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the highest level of customer service to all farm guests
- Overseeing front of the house including service quality, décor, customer experience
- Scheduling of wait staff
- Coordinating event details to ensure guest satisfaction
- Writing and finalizing all event proposals
- Receiving and hosting guests, including leading walking farm tours and cheese tastings and selling to Marketplace shoppers
- Providing wait service during events as needed
- Directing and assisting in event setup
- Stocking and merchandising retail items in The Marketplace
- Working occasional virtual and offsite consumer events
- Training and guiding servers
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional customer service
- Team mentality with ability to work autonomously
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Eye for aesthetic details
- Extremely organized
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, solid judgment and resilience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, FareHarbor (or other booking software)
- Flexible with work schedule (days and hours)
- Education: High School Graduate or GED
- Professional Experience: 3+ years in the hospitality industry
This position leads the Hospitality staff, giving guidance and training to all permanent and ad hoc (server) staff.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Can-do attitude
- Friendly and Outgoing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Extremely Organized
- Ability to multitask
- Strong sense of aesthetics, customer service and highly creative
This job operates in several capacities from office to open room and outdoor environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job requires walking, bending, standing, reaching, sitting and lifting. Able to stand and talk for long periods of time. It also requires hearing and talking.
Local Travel is expected
The law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' sincerely held religious practices, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Four or more years of hospitality experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA in Hospitality Management
- Hospitality Certificate Program
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Loves cheese and the local food community