Looking for a great place to start or continue your career? A place where you are challenged and not bored? A place where you are valued and respected? Our Family owned trucking company is looking for hard-working, eager Fleet Manager. Come join our exciting team today!
Hill Brothers Transportation has been in business for 45+ years and prides itself in treating each other as family. First and foremost, we respect our employees and listen to what they have to say. We also offer competitive wages, good benefits, training opportunities for growth and development, recognition and much more.
Don't wait any longer!
Contact us now.
As a Capacity Coordinator, you will be developing, maintaining, and growing relationships between carriers and Hill Bros Logistics, Inc. You will utilize carrier analytics and other tools to guide negotiations and buying decisions. This role combines sales, account management, and operations management to meet the transportation needs of our customers. Through this fast-paced, high-energy role you'll make an impact on our team and customers alike.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Develop carrier relationships in order to effectively support our customers.
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions.
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts including conducting account reviews and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration.
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions.
- Daily contact with carriers to determine availability and negotiate transportation rates.
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers.
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and develop new carrier relationships.
- Understand the technology platform and drive automation.
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality.
- Track and Trace carriers to make sure we are striving to achieve 100% on time pickup and delivery target.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Effective presentation skills; verbal, written proposals, presentations, speaking to an audience
- Competitiveness - Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Delegating Responsibility - Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Job Knowledge - The familiarity gained by sight, experience, or training.
- Persistence - Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) preferred
Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
Experience: Logistics sales experience preferred not required.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Experience with TMW Suite software helpful