On a typical day, our Transaction Manager works closely within the Origination group in vetting opportunities by completing preliminary underwriting and determining the best use of company lending platforms. The Transaction Manager will be responsible for efficiently moving loan transactions from preliminary underwriting through closing as well as streamlining the client interaction process by minimizing client touchpoints and providing excellent customer service through accurate and timely communication. Do you want to join a team where you can experience the creativity and flexibility of a small lender, with all the capabilities of a large institution? If yes, then apply TODAY!
In one year as a Transaction Manager, you will know you were successful if you…
- Performed preliminary underwriting to accurately size lending transactions by working with the various HUD, GSE, and Merchants Bank of Indiana (MBI) credit teams along with the composition and analysis of lending platform narratives and submission packages.
- Analyzed financial statements and reports related to the transaction, including historical and pro forma property operating statements, rent rolls, sources and uses, real estate-owned schedules, appraisals, and project capital needs assessments
- Assisted Loan Originators in streamlining communication for accurate and timely client interaction
- Prepared term sheets for review and approval by MBI along with assisting in the preparation of HUD and GSE engagement letters
- Oversaw loans from application through closing and developed strong client relationships and premiere customer service
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in finance or commercial real estate, and two to four years of multifamily credit analyst experience and knowledge of affordable housing development
- Excellent verbal and written, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong self-sufficiency, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Ability to meet and exceed client expectations while working in a highly competitive entrepreneurial business environment
- Occasional travel for property inspections, loan closings, training opportunities, and transaction meetings (10% overnight travel)
Merchants Capital was established in August of 1990 as a mortgage banking firm specializing in multifamily housing and healthcare facilities finance. With extensive experience in these types of finance, the company is a premier provider and servicer of Multifamily, Affordable, Healthcare, and Student Housing. Our mission is simple: to provide the best origination and service of our loan and investment products with exceptional customer service, accuracy, creativity, speed, and conformance to regulations.
Merchants Capital Corp. (MCC) has originated and closed more than $14 billion in financing and now services more than $10 billion. MCC’s primary source of funding is the secondary market of federally chartered agencies and the federal government and tax credit equity investors.