Casino M8trix is looking for a self-motivated, independent professional with a passion for employee safety and wellness, who is excited to build and grow a successful safety program.
The Risk & Safety Coordinator role is responsible for building safety, risk management initiatives, and providing support to Company management by building, creating, and conducting audits and safety inspections of work areas for compliance with OSHA, General Industry Safety Orders and Codes of Safe Practices.
The Risk & Safety Coordinator will be responsible for administration, management, and education related to the following programs: Workers’ Compensation, Employee Safety, the Emergency Preparedness and Evacuation Plan (“EPEP”), and the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (“IIPP”). Furthermore, this position also conducts and manages employee education on industry specific risks and compliance.
- 5-10 years of Risk Management experience, including developing programs, policies, and procedures for a holistic safety and wellness workplace program.
- Previous experience performing risk assessments, investigating safety incidents, performing root cause analysis, completing and overseeing incident reporting, crisis management, implementing and managing vendors.
- Must be able to interpret, maintain knowledge of, and ensure compliance with all applicable city, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Comfortable presenting in front of small to large groups.
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Able to develop and publish specific instructions & procedures that satisfy state, federal, city MICS, Title 16, and local government regulations.
- Must maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with all Company operating policies/procedures/practices, and internal control protocols.
- Willing to submit to and successfully pass background check.
- At least 21 years old.
Responsibilities and Duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- This role focuses 70% Risk & Safety responsibilities and 30% Worker’s Compensation Claim management.
- Responsible for developing, revising, and administering the IIPP and EPEP, as well as any other safety programs that may be established.
- Oversee safety inspections by local authorities and ensure conformity with the IIPP and EPEP requirements, and applicable OSHA and related local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains and distributes Safety Data Sheets and Safety Training Records.
- Report on claim reserves, type of injuries including analyzing claims information for trends in injury/accident statistics.
- Develop and conduct health and safety education programs to promote best practices and ensure a high level of knowledge throughout the organization to continually improve safety.
- Conduct risk management education on various topics, including emergency preparedness. Conduct regular re-education of all personnel on said topics as mandated by law.
- Provide education and training to employees of safety procedures to reduce liability and increase injury prevention awareness.
- Organize, administer and oversee the Company’s Workers’ Compensation program; including but not limited to, submitting claims, monitoring claims, and working with department personnel and employees to accommodate and return employees to work.
- Monitor employees on medical leave and coordinate with employees, clinics, insurance carrier, third party vendors, and human resources.
- Analyze employee and patron injury reports to identify trends or high-risk areas and create corrective action plans to improve health and safety.
- Maintain knowledge of, and ensure compliance with all applicable Title 16 Minimum Internal Control Standards, State Gaming Regulations, and other City/State/Federal laws/regulations.
- Prepare, review, update, and distribute required legal documents, forms, contracts, and communication for the Company as requested.
- Assist with evaluating company policies and procedures to ensure they comply with federal and state law.
- Perform and assist with investigations of various on-property complaints, claims, and incidents.
- Perform legal and other research as required.
- Assist with subpoena responses, preparing of corporate documents, insurance renewals, and various license filings.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Work Hours and Availability:
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Some flexibility is required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation range is between $75,000 to $90,000 annually, depending on experience. Employee benefits are available for all qualifying full-time employees, including paid time off, medical, vision, dental, and life insurance. In addition, employees receive a 25% discount on food, non-alcoholic beverages, and Casino M8trix merchandise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. By providing your mobile number and contact information, you hereby expressly consent to Casino M8trix calling, texting, and/or contact you regarding your employment application.
Casino M8trix is an equal opportunity employer and no employee, applicant, or candidate for hiring, promotion, training, or other benefit shall be discriminated against or given preference based on an individual’s, or their associates or relatives’, race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other category or status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy governs all aspects of our employment.