Department: Community Umbrella Agency
Status: Full Time / Exempt
Source of Supervision: Community Liaison
Serve as a team member on fund development by attending events, assisting with event logistics, and providing coordination and scheduling supports as needed. Coordinate, collect and maintain resource materials and communication tracking regarding the role of the Community Umbrella Agency (CUA) to the surrounding community, including but not limited to: community associations, civic groups, senior groups, ethnic clubs and groups, churches, child service network providers, and payer programs including Medicaid, Department of Behavioral Health, Community Behavioral Health. The Community Liaison Assistant will work with the Community Liaison to plan meetings where residents’ voices and concerns can be heard. They also collect surveys in the neighborhood to determine residents' needs and stratify the information. This information will be complied in a report that will be presented to the Community Liaison upon request.
Key job tasks/duties/responsibilities of the Community Liaison Assistant
1. Establishing positive, collaborative working relationships and linkages among Child Welfare providers and community service providers
2. Function as part of the larger CUA Team responsible for achieving the target goals of improving safety, permanency, and well-being of children, youth and families that we serve
3. Assist the Community Liaison in the development of a community media relations strategy to cultivate positive relationships with community media
4. Assist the Community Liaison with identifying opportunities for partnership and development of relationships which could be mutually beneficial to families, the community and the agency Develop and conduct Strengthening Families orientations and workshops for the CUA and community
5. Helping organize and effectively engage families and community with participating in agency events
6. Participating in all appropriate trainings, Prevention & Intervention workshops and meetings
7. Organize and implement public events, meetings, open house, information sessions, etc.
8. Assist the Community Liaison and Directors with building community partnerships within our catchment area
9. Work with the Community Liaison and Directors to conduct outreach and develop community mapping strategy
10. Work closely with the Community Advisory Board to schedule informative meetings and community outreach and engagement functions
11. Help to develop and maintain a database of community contacts
12. May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years’ experience in community outreach, preferable in the social work industry
- Proficient in both Spanish and English preferred
- Culturally sensitive to the needs and diversities of multi-cultural communities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of social services, child welfare, and family system services
- Sound judgment, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Knowledge of community resources
- Medical Insurance or $100/month medical insurance waiver reimbursement
- 403b retirement plan: 4% APM contribution PLUS 3% APM matching contribution
- 20 PTO Days
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short-term Disability
APM is an equal opportunity employer.