Responsible for managing the overall planning, organizing of the receiving, replenishment, inventory control and
management of DC related supplies. Manages staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. In addition, is responsible
for planning the best strategies to organize and maximize efficiency in the distribution center.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation,
each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Lead and manage all activities for the receiving and replenishment team members.
• Monitor inventory levels to ensure sufficient levels to fulfill all orders.
· Comply with all OSHA and other regulations, policies, safety procedures, and documentation requirements.
• Monitor staff performance to ensure daily focus and that goals are met. Provide ongoing coaching to improve the overall methods and success of the distribution center.
• Establish correct staffing levels and supplementing with temporary labor when necessary.
• Meet productivity targets: assess their growth potential and to set quotas.
• Utilize software, data, and analytics to optimize operations, track production metrics, and anticipate and resolve problems.
• Plan and prepare work schedules and assign employees to specific duties.
• Schedule equipment maintenance and replacing when required.
• Ensuring products are stocked correctly and safely.
• Conduct weekly meetings with the DC team members.
• Oversee the attendance of the associates including the daily review of their time clock punches, coordination of all requested time off (PTO, EIB, FMLA), and the monitoring of overtime.
• Monitor performance and write and conduct the performance evaluations of their team members.
• Listen to and resolve customer complaints regarding service, products, or personnel.
· Assist in inventory management activities including ordering, receiving, storing, rotating, cycle counting, physical inventories and handling supplies in the distribution center.
· Follow and enforce company policies and procedures.
• Function as liaison between the distribution center teams’ questions and other departments (i.e. purchasing, compliance, credit, etc)
• Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or
to defend a position or idea.
• Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance
of a product, service, or idea.
• Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
• Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
• Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school): or Work Equivalent
Experience: Minimum 5(+) years of previous experience in distribution, production, logistics, operations planning and/or facility supervision and management. Must possess solid judgment and strong decision-making skills to independently manage this fast-paced customer service driven operation. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Computer Skills: Must be knowledgeable with Microsoft Suite of products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate N
Reach Outward N
Reach Above Shoulder N
Squat or Kneel N
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Peripheral)
• Sense of Sound - Must be able to listen to calls.