WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR COMMUNITY NAVIGATORS!
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM WHO HELPS PATIENTS AND FAMILIES GAIN ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE, AND NAVIGATE COMMUNITY SERVICES AND RESOURCES.
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. Community Navigators remove barriers to healthcare by connecting uninsured people, who reside in Delaware (consumers), to programs that make healthcare more affordable. They work in the community to provide education about affordable health care coverage options through one-on-one interactions and outreach events, and provide assistance with the application and enrollment process for State and Federal insurance affordability programs. These programs include Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), the Health Insurance Marketplace (Marketplace), Health Care Connection (HCC), and Screening for Life (SFL). Community Navigators are also responsible for connecting members of the community to a medical home. Strong organizational skills are required.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Successfully complete online Navigator certification during the initial training period, and maintain annually thereafter.
- Continuously comply with all required Navigator duties as outlined by CMS.
- Protect personally identifiable information (PII) to ensure that confidentiality is maintained in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Develop an individual work plan that outlines personal outreach activity and enrollment goals. Prepare checklists that assist you to reach these goals.
- Establish a professional relationship and work cooperatively with community partners. Identify opportunities to create a referral system with them.
- Conduct health insurance literacy education/presentations and sessions regarding the importance of primary and preventative care at community-based organization events and during one-on-one interactions with consumers. Distribute written educational materials at outreach events and other public locations.
- Assist Delaware residents with the completion of applications for Marketplace, Medicaid, HCC and SFL, as applicable.
- Complete timely, detailed reports for all consumer activities and outreach events.
- Develop extensive knowledge of health care resources available in the community.
- High school diploma or GED
- Six months or more of experience using Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish or Haitian Creole, or English and another language spoken by a majority of our patient population
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation which can fit outreach materials (such as tent, folding table, chair, and flyers), and ability to travel independently between work locations, including outreach events