WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR FAMILY HEALTH AMBASSADORS TO JOIN THE OUTREACH TEAMS!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM WHO HELPS PATIENTS AND FAMILIES GAIN ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE, AND NAVIGATE COMMUNITY SERVICES AND RESOURCES.
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Family Health Ambassador (FHA) helps patients and their families to navigate and access community services and other resources and to adopt healthy behaviors. The FHA provides health promotion information, acts as a preventive disease screening liaison, provides service referrals and case management services and supports the mobile health unit clinical care team.
We are a community-minded, non-partisan health center located in Delaware. Since opening our doors in 1988, Westside has been driven by our mission to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. We believe our talented team of clinicians and support staff is vital to achieving our mission and serving our community.
With 240 team members, five health centers, and over 27,000 patients serving all of Delaware, Westside is committed to improving health, one patient, one family, one community at a time.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
1. Establish trusting relationships with patients and their families while providing general support and encouragement.
2. Provide health education, screenings, and referral support to the migrant and seasonal agricultural worker population and other low-income medically disenfranchised persons and communities residing in Kent County and western Sussex County.
3. Support the clinical care team that provides care on the mobile health unit.
4. Administer HIV testing and provide Direct Observation Therapy for Tuberculosis.
5. Provide ongoing follow-up, basic motivational interviewing, and goal setting with patients and families.
6. Provide regular, clear and consistent reports to the Director of Rural Health Outreach regarding patient/family status and progress.
7. Maintain confidentiality of patient information in accordance with the law and Westside policies.
8. Provide transportation for clients to appointments as needed using company-supplied vehicle.
Minimum Objective Qualifications
1. High-School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
2. Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish, or English and another language spoken by migratory and seasonal agricultural workers working in Delaware
3. One year of related work or volunteer experience
4. Knowledge of community resources appropriate to the needs of patients/families
5. Six months of experience using computers and Microsoft Office software
6. Driver’s license and clean driving record
7. Ability to work evenings and nights during the summer and fall