WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR SCHEDULERS!
JOIN THE TEAM THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Scheduler ensures a positive patient experience while working in a centralized call center for a multi-location medical practice to schedule appointments and collect appropriate demographic, insurance, and financial information from English-speaking and Spanish-speaking patients in strict accordance with standard procedures.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Answer incoming calls in a courteous, confidential, compassionate and professional manner, using scripting to enforce consistent patient education and staff knowledge and redirecting phone calls to other sites as needed
- Properly schedule patient appointments and inform patients of any necessary instructions, directions, phone numbers, addresses and fax numbers
- Call patients to reschedule and cancel appointments as needed
- Follow specific workflows for various appointment types and providers
- Obtain and enter new patient demographics into computer system
- Verify patient’s insurance eligibility and update patient information at the time of appointment scheduling
- Forward callers in need of triage to appropriate personnel in accordance with standard protocols
- Respond to scheduling messages pools, EMR mailboxes, email, bump list, etc.
- Check voicemail and respond to messages promptly
- Provide pertinent information to outside companies for patients with special needs (e.g., logistic care and transportation companies)
- Handle calls for deaf patients and afterwards transmit message to Definitions and request interpreter for patient’s visit with a WFH provider
- Navigate through various systems including EMR, AllScripts PM, Phytel (Remind/Outreach), Doctor Connect, Email, Follow My Health, WFH Intranet page, etc.
MINIMUM OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED
- Fluency in written and spoken English and spoken Spanish
- Six months of experience of call center or appointment scheduling
PREFERRED OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Six months of experience using electronic medical record software
- One year of work experience as a scheduler in a healthcare environment
- Six months of experience using Microsoft Office software
Important personal characteristics for this job include attention to detail, integrity, cooperation, selfcontrol, dependability, concern for others, stress tolerance, adaptability, independence and achievement orientation. Travel is primarily local during the workday. Office hours are weekdays between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. The FLSA classification of this position is non-exempt.