WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR A PATIENT TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM WHO HELPS PATIENTS AND FAMILIES GAIN ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE, AND NAVIGATE COMMUNITY SERVICES AND RESOURCES.
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Patient Technical Support Specialist provides assistance and technical support to patients who are experiencing technical, hardware or software issues in support of remote patient monitoring and the patient portal. The Specialist will assist with patients’ technical issues received via telephone, through email or from a member of Westside’s staff.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
1. Assist patients having difficulty enrolling, viewing or accessing various software or app programs, including the Westside’s patient portal, remote patient monitoring tools and telehealth software
2. Walk customers through the process of installing software/apps on their phones or computers and launching those remote patient monitoring programs for the first time
3. Help troubleshoot software/app problems and provide actionable steps to resolve the issue
4. Send technical documentation and patient education about the remote patient monitoring tools and the portal to patients and end-users
5. Deliver service and support to patients via phone, email, and/or chat
6. Provide an exceptional customer service experience through prompt resolution
7. Triage support issues; understand when to collaborate with team members and/or vendor to seek additional input with the end goal of ensuring that each patient receives the most effortless support experience possible
8. Utilize Help Desk software to maintain thorough and accurate documentation of cases
9. Develop, document and maintain support knowledge base for future use
Guided by a member of the Clinical IT team, participate in data entry/data clean-up activities, as time permits
MINIMUM OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
1. One to two years’ technical customer support
2. Demonstrated proficiency documenting work instructions
3. Strong communication skills
4. High school diploma or GED
PREFERRED OBJECTIVE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bilingual preferred; able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently.
2. Associate’s degree in computer science, information technology or similar.
1. Attention to detail, integrity, dependability, cooperation, persistence, analytical thinking, adaptability, achievement orientation, initiative, strong communication skills (written and verbal), self-control.
2. Ability to work independently and as a member of the team utilizing a patient-centered approach, including ability to manage multiple assignments and responsibilities, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Demonstrate ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a team setting
3. Proven problem-solving skills to identify creative solutions to problems faced by patients
4. Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, families, physicians or others in a professional manner with maintaining positive outlook and demeanor