ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for high-speed Internet, cable TV and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving the area for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for an Internal Communication Specialist to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
The Internal Communication Specialist position requires a driven, detail-oriented person with a great pulse on effective business communications. A project management superstar who lets nothing fall through the cracks and is passionate about the employee experience. As the primary contact for all ImOn internal communications, this person will work collaboratively with the Management team to develop, create, and implement communications aligning with corporate goals, as well as keeping our employees up to date. This position will support internal teams to ensure company information is communicated strategically and effectively.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for planning, developing, and executing internal communication strategies across the company.
- Works with leadership to ensure message consistency and alignment across all divisions.
- Researches solutions and ideas that enhance the look, feel, and workability of all ImOn facilities.
- Develops, writes, edits and finalizes a wide range of communications including intranet/MS-Sharepoint content, newsletter articles, emails, and other communique to ensure employee awareness, understanding, and participation in programs related to increasing engagement and improving the ImOn culture.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates employee events, engagement programs, employee recognition activities, and all communications that have company-wide implications that reinforce employee engagement and our unique values and culture.
- Develops online networking strategies and tools to encourage employee engagement.
- Develops and administers the employee recognition program.
- Develops and administers the employee idea program.
- Conducts employee engagement surveys; analyze and distribute results as appropriate.
- Works with Safety Coordinator for the integration of safety and wellness as part of the ImOn culture.
- Works independently and with a team on ad-hoc reports/creative special projects and other duties as assigned by manager.
Education and minimum qualifications (Skills required):
- Bachelors of Arts/Science in journalism, liberal arts, business, marketing, business administration, or public relations/communications or related discipline with two years of organizational communications experience.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products as well as converting print and graphics files for online publishing.
- Experience with SharePoint preferred.
- Experience with employee communications and engagement tools such as Jostle, Bucketlist, BOTs.
- Must be able to interact with management and professionals within department and other parts of the organization.
- Must be able to work independently requiring judgment and discretion.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once, ranging from small/easy to extremely advanced and detailed.
- Must be able to manage information and conduct research.
- Must be a team player and collaborator.
- Must have strong analytic abilities, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
ImOn offers competitive pay, health and dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision insurance, FREE life insurance and FREE short term/long term disability, as well as vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.
If you are interested in being a part of the ImOn Difference please apply today!