The Visiting Nurse Association of Johnson County (VNA) is seeking Home Health Aides to be a part of our interdisciplinary team.
About Us: The Visiting Nurse Association of Johnson County (VNA) has brought care home to patients since 1949, helping them to live the best life possible. Iowa Care Community provides foundational support for nonprofit home health care organizations, taking care of human resources, billing, marketing, fundraising and more. By providing these administrative services, Iowa Care Community allows clinical staff to focus on outstanding compassionate care for patients and caregivers.
About our Employment Opportunities: The VNA is searching for dependable Full Time, Part Time and PRN compassionate, dedicated Home Health Aides. Our Aides are passionate about helping clients live independently at home by assisting with personal hygiene, errands, light housekeeping and supporting client comfort in physical and emotional situations. This position does require driving from location to location within Johnson county.
About You: Are you dedicated to excellence, enjoy building lasting relationships, love helping to make a difference in the lives of others and looking for an agency who shares your core values? If you seek a mission centered, purpose driven career with a desire to serve others while working within an interdisciplinary professional team, we would love to talk with you about our open positions. Call Karen with any questions: 319-325-0319.
Our secret? We genuinely believe in our mission. We hire dedicated staff, compensate them well and then reward & recognize exceptional work within our team.
Our Team: understand the importance of meeting the needs of patients while helping them maintain a high quality of life in their home environment. Our Aides make a focused difference in the quality of life for patients & family members through providing personal care services, light housekeeping and environmental services to assist clients in their home setting.
Commitment to Growth and Opportunity: Part of our mission is to empower and equip our staff with the right tools and resources needed to provide extraordinary care with professionalism and integrity. You must be interested in advancing and developing your skills as a caregiver to advance to higher paying assignments.
Commitment to Diversity: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our agency. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm; we can talk about additional flexible schedules based on business needs.
Compensation & Benefits:
- We partner with Kirkwood Community College and provide paid training for those interested in obtaining CNA certification
- New employee INCENTIVE PROGRAM
- Bi-Weekly Pay structure with competitive wages, annual pay for performance bonuses and merit incentives that reward and recognize a job well done
- Opportunity to be promoted as new responsibilities are mastered
- Full benefit package available the first of the month following employment; includes part time employees working 20+ schedule hours per week
- I phone & I Pad to conduct daily business
- Generous vacation accruals in your first year (available to use as you accrue)
- 12 sick days accrued per year (available to use as you accrue)
- 8 holidays (our Aides do work one major holiday)
- 3 different Wellmark medical Plans to choose from (employer supplemented premiums)
- Blue Dental Plan
- Avesis Vision Plan
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance (additional family life is available)
- Employer matching 403b Retirement Account includes professional financial advising
- 3 Aflac plans (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident)
- Medical/Child Care flex spending accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Overtime
- Paid Training
- Management Support
- Previous experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certified Nurse Aide 75 hour course with competency test or 60 hr. Home Care Aide/Homemaking training. If a candidate does not have the above CNA certification our agency will provide training.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing
- US work authorization (Required)
- Passionate about home care with a genuine desire to help others
- All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General’s Excluded Provider List.
- Reliable, professional and able to start soon after required background checks are completed
- 2 step TB testing is required.
- First Aid training
- Mandatory Reporter Training
- Iowa Driver License, Patient homes are located throughout agency territory (seven counties) with driving requirements that include in-town and highway driving during good and inclement weather.
- COVID-19 considerations: COVID 19 Vaccination or medical/religious exemption required; applicable infection control standards are applied company wide to assure a safer work environment