About our Employment Opportunities:
The VNA is searching for dependable Full Time, Part Time and PRN compassionate, dedicated Home Makers to perform a variety of homemaking tasks (vacuuming, grocery shopping, and laundry ...) associated with environmental cares for patients in their home setting. This position does require driving from location to location within Johnson county.
Are you dedicated to excellence, enjoy building lasting relationships, love helping to make a difference in the lives of others and looking for an agency who shares your core values? If you seek a mission centered, purpose driven career with a desire to serve others while working within an interdisciplinary professional team, we would love to talk with you about our open positions. Call Karen with any questions: 319-325-0319.
We genuinely believe in our mission. We hire dedicated staff, compensate them well and then reward & recognize exceptional work within our team.
Each employee in our organization understands the importance of their role to meet client needs while helping them maintain a high quality of life. Our Home Makers are a critical component in assisting clients with household errands, obtaining weekly groceries and maintaining a healthy, safe living environment through light housekeeping duties.
Commitment to Growth and Opportunity:
Part of our mission is to empower and equip our staff with the right tools and resources needed to provide extraordinary care with professionalism and integrity. You must be interested in advancing and developing your skills as a caregiver to advance to higher paying assignments.
Commitment to Diversity:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm; we can talk about additional flexible schedules based on business needs.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE: The employee will demonstrate working knowledge of the English language, both orally and in writing. The employee will demonstrate the ability to provide environmental services as evidenced by successful completion of a training course; and organizational skills necessary to manage several client appointments each day.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND EQUIPMENT: Work is performed in clients' homes with the employee driving from home to home during the work period. The clients' homes are throughout Johnson County; the driving requirements include in-town and highway driving in good and inclement weather.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE DEMANDS: The employee will perform the duties of the job at clients' homes during employed hours. The duties include performing homemaking tasks, including vacuuming, grocery shopping, laundry, and so on. These duties require the physical demands of lifting, reaching, pushing, bending, stooping, going up and down stairs, driving, etc. Must have the ability to lift 35 lbs from floor to counter 3 times (to simulate lifting into trunk of car). Lift 50 lbs from floor to counter 1 time. Lift 50 lbs from counter to floor 1 time. Ability to push/pull a vacuum. Ability to carry 35 lbs up and down a flight of stairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: To be performed satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The following duties are normal for this position. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, it is not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned by the employer.
- Follows plan for home maintenance as developed by Clinical Services Manager, Social Worker, or Nursing staff.
- Completes necessary errands for clients as directed.
- Reports any concerns or problems expressed by the client or noted by the employee to the Clinical Services Manager or case manager.
- Respects client rights to their privacy, person and property.
- Keeps client information confidential.
- Completes timesheets accurately and on a timely basis and submits as requested.
- Completes documentation of service provided according to care plan guidelines.
- Follows schedule of visits and contacts VNA office with any difficulties in following schedule.
- Complies with agency policies.
- Performs other duties as necessary, including required participation in VNA emergency/ disaster plans.
- High-school diploma or equivalent, and/or previous experience as a Chore Worker.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing
- US work authorization (Required)
- Passionate about home care with a genuine desire to help others
- Reliable, professional and able to start soon after appropriate back ground checks are complete
- All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General’s Excluded Provider List.
- 2 step TB testing is required upon hire.
- Iowa Driver License, Car, adequate liability insurance and current driver’s license are required. Clients’ homes are located throughout Johnson County and within a fifty mile radius of the agency; the driving requirements include in-town and highway driving in good and inclement weather.
- COVID-19 considerations: COVID19 Vaccination or medical/religious exemption required; applicable infection control standards are applied company wide to assure a safer work environment.
At a minimum, orientation shall include four hours on the role of the Home Care Aide; two hours on communication; two hours on understanding basic human needs; two hours on maintaining a healthy environment; two hours on infection control in the home; and one hour on emergency procedures, OR 75 hour certified nurse aide course work, and successful completion of a competency test as approved by the National Home Care Council, the Iowa Department of Public Health and by this agency. Mandatory Reporter Training and CPR are required during orientation.