SUMMARY: Provides skilled leadership of fitness classes, which enable safe, effective, and enjoyable exercise experiences for a variety of members. Part-time, daytime hours, Highly Qualified, Prior Experience Need, Yoga Certified.
VISION: At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead/teach assigned fitness classes to members.
- Willingness to teach or be trained to teach Pilates Reformer Classes if desired.
- Develop positive relationships with members to personalize the classes and encourage active participation and program growth.
- Complete class-related duties including attendance records and related paperwork.
- Maintain class equipment, including sound system, strength training equipment, steps, bikes, etc., to assure preservation of equipment and safety of members.
- Work as a team member with all Fitness staff to provide a high level of service to members.
- Communicate effectively with other staff members and management to assure delivery of a strong program within established policies and procedures.
- Attend all scheduled department meetings and required staff training throughout the year.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.”
- Understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ Core Values and Vision through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
- SMILE and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
- Must possess a nationally recognized fitness related certification or obtain within first 90 days of employment; certification must be maintained throughout employment. Four Seasons offers up to $150 reimbursement per year towards any fitness related certifications if requirements are met. (exclusively teaching at Four Seasons)
- Must possess specialty certification if teaching a specialty class for which certification is required. (i.e., spin, zumba, yoga)
- High school diploma or equivalent required; health and fitness related college study or degree is a plus.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with sound judgment.
- Current CPR/AED certification is required, to be maintained throughout employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display a passion for health and wellness.
- Able to move about the fitness classroom areas/studios, and able to physically and vocally lead and demonstrate fitness activities and methods in fitness classes.
- Dresses professionally and appropriately for the class and/or activities being taught.
- Able to freely access all areas of club facilities, including the second floor and basement.
- Able to visually and auditorially monitor participants’ activities.
- Able to communicate effectively with management, staff, and others in person, by telephone, and in writing.
Functions regularly within exercise, recreation, and office settings. Is regularly exposed to smells of swimming pools and exercise areas and loud music in cardio areas and fitness classrooms. Frequently works varying hours and days. Occasionally travels around the community to companies and organizations. Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures.