The Visiting Nurse Association, part of Iowa Care Community, is looking for a Part Time Physical Therapist to work with patients in the comfort of their own home.
About You: Are you dedicated to excellence, love building lasting relationships, love helping to make a difference in the lives of others and looking for an agency who shares your core values? If you seek a mission centered, purpose driven career with a desire to serve others while working within an interdisciplinary professional team, we would love to talk with you about our open positions.
About Us: Visiting Nurse Association of Johnson County (VNA) has brought care home to patients since 1949, helping them to live the best life possible. The VNA is now a part of Iowa Care Community which provides foundational support for nonprofit home health care organizations, taking care of human resources, billing, marketing, fundraising and more. By providing these administrative services, Iowa Care Community allows clinical staff to focus on outstanding compassionate care for patients and caregivers.
Our secret? We genuinely believe in our mission. We hire dedicated staff, compensate well then reward/recognize exceptional, professional care.
Our Team: understand the importance of meeting the needs of clients while helping them maintain a high quality of life. Our Physical Therapists provide a range quality comprehensive physical therapy services to individuals and families in the home setting, evaluating functional abilities and developing a plan of intervention aimed at restoring and maximizing the patient's ability to perform physical tasks independently or with the use of aids (braces, crutches, prosthetic devices) and advises and consults with the patient and family.
Commitment to Growth and Opportunity: Part of our mission is to empower and equip our staff with the right tools and resources needed to provide extraordinary care with professionalism and integrity. You must be interested in advancing and developing your skills as a caregiver to advance to higher paying assignments.
Commitment to Diversity: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm
APPLY TODAY: Call Karen Cox 319-325-0319
FULL BENEFIT PACKAGE for 50% (20 hours per week) or higher employees!
- NEW EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE PROGRAM
- Assigned agency equipment including an I Phone and IPad
- Bi-Weekly Pay structure, includes annual bonus and merit incentives designed to reward and recognize our a job well done
- 3 Wellmark Medical Plans (single; + spouse, +child(ren); family)
- Dental (single; + spouse, +child(ren); family)
- Avesis Vision (single; + spouse, +child(ren); family)
- Tasc Flex Spending (Medical & Child Care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Matching 403b Retirement Plan with professional financial advising
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation Leave
- Generous Sick Leave
- 8 paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Overtime
- Paid Training
- Management Support
1. Provides comprehensive physical therapy services to individuals and families in the home setting, evaluating functional abilities and developing a plan of intervention aimed at restoring and maximizing the patient's ability to perform physical tasks independently or with the use of aids (braces, crutches, prosthetic devices) and advises and consults with the patient and family.
2. Accepts primary care responsibilities and coordinates services of all disciplines as needed.
3. Plans, coordinates and provides services to special groups as assigned.
4. Complies with agency standards on visit productivity.
5. Complies with agency policies on frequency of home visits to meet individual and family needs.
6. Complies with agency policies regarding the maintenance and preparation of records and reports.
7. Provides patient medical, geographical, financial and statistical information as needed by the agency.
8. Manages a caseload or group of patients efficiently and effectively, reporting appropriately to the Clinical Services Manager, physician, etc.
9. Participates as necessary in orientation of new staff and in demonstrating of agency services to other staff, students and visitors.
10. Maintains knowledge of community resources, utilizes appropriately and coordinates services to meet needs of individuals and families.
11. Represents the agency in community activities, meetings as required.
12. Promotes optimal independence of patients while meeting their needs.
13. Participates in in-service programs as required, both as presenter and learner.
14. Participates in agency group meetings, staffing and projects as required.
15. Participates in evaluation of agency services as assigned.
16. Maintains, up-grades knowledge through continuing education programs, review of literature, etc., applicable to home and community health.
17. Seeks ways to develop physical therapy services as an integral part of home health care through marketing efforts and community networking as requested
18. Provides Safety assessment and training for VNA staff to prevent workplace injuries, and as part of the VNA Safety program for post-injury employees returning after an on-the-job injury.
- Graduate from an approved School of Physical Therapy, licensed to practice in the State of Iowa.
- One year experience providing direct patient services in a health care setting.
- Car, Iowa driver's license and adequate insurance as outlined in the personnel policies. Clients’ homes are located throughout Johnson County and within a fifty mile radius of the agency; the driving requirements include in-town and highway driving in good and inclement weather.
- All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General’s Excluded Provider List.
- The job requires ability to lift 35 lbs from floor to counter 3 times (to simulate lifting into trunk of car). Lift 50 lbs from floor to counter 1 time. Lift 50 lbs from counter to floor 1 time. EE needs to be able to sit on floor fully and get back up. Ability to carry 35 lbs up and down a flight of stairs. Push/pull 35 lbs on a 2 wheel cart. Must be able to reach, push, walk, go up and down stairs, drive, etc., with or without the use of assistive/adaptive devices.
- Reliable, professional and able to start soon after required background check is completedAbility to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing
- US work authorization (Required)
- Passionate about home care with a genuine desire to help others
- 2 step TB testing is required.
- First Aid training
- Mandatory Reporter Training
- COVID-19 considerations: COVID 19 Vaccination or medical/religious exemption required; applicable infection control standards are applied company wide to assure a safer work environment.