About our Employment Opportunities: The VNA is searching for dependable Full Time Physical Therapy Assistant to be a part of our interdisciplinary team. Our PT Assistant is passionate about helping clients live independently at home. This position provides physical therapy services according to the care plan designed by the Physical Therapist. Successful people in this role will manage several appointed client care plans and the necessary follow ups each day for clients with a wide range of acute and/or chronic illnesses. This position does require driving from location to location within Johnson County.
About Us: The Visiting Nurse Association of Johnson County (VNA) has brought care home to patients since 1949, helping them to live the best life possible. Iowa Care Community provides foundational support for nonprofit home health care organizations, taking care of human resources, billing, marketing, fundraising and more. By providing these administrative services, Iowa Care Community allows clinical staff to focus on outstanding compassionate care for patients and caregivers.
About You: Are you dedicated to excellence, enjoy building lasting relationships, love helping to make a difference in the lives of others and looking for an agency who shares your core values? If you seek a mission centered, purpose driven career with a desire to serve others while working within an interdisciplinary professional team, we would love to talk with you about our open positions. Call Karen with any questions: 319-325-0319.
Our secret? We genuinely believe in our mission. We hire dedicated staff, compensate them well and then reward & recognize exceptional work within our team.
Our Team: understand the importance of meeting the needs of clients while helping them maintain a high quality of life in their home environment. Our Physical Therapy Assistant makes a focused difference in the quality of life for clients through the providing exceptional service to the client in the home setting.
Commitment to Growth and Opportunity: Part of our mission is to empower and equip our staff with the right tools and resources needed to provide extraordinary care with professionalism and integrity. You must be interested in advancing and developing your skills as a caregiver to advance to higher paying assignments.
Commitment to Diversity: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our agency. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm; we can talk about additional flexible schedules based on business needs.
Compensation & Benefits:
- A NEW EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE PROGRAM
- Bi-Weekly Pay structure with competitive wages, annual pay for performance bonuses incentives that reward and recognize a job well done
- Opportunity to be promoted as new responsibilities are mastered, assist with case managing or join our office staff team
- Full benefit package available the first of the month following employment
- I phone & I Pad to conduct daily business
- Generous vacation accruals in your first year (available to use as you accrue)
- 12 sick days accrued per year (available to use as you accrue)
- 8 holidays (our Aides do work one major holiday)
- 3 different Wellmark medical Plans to choose from (employer supplemented premiums)
- Blue Dental Plan
- Avesis Vision Plan
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance (additional family life is available)
- Employer matching 403b Retirement Account includes professional financial advising
- 3 Aflac plans (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident)
- Medical/Child Care flex spending accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Overtime
- Paid Training
- Management Support
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist, provides physical therapy services to individuals in the home setting. Carries out the plans of the physical therapist to meet the stated goals.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Graduate from a physical therapist assistance curriculum approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association, licensed to practice in the State of Iowa. Car, driver's license and adequate insurance as outlined in the personnel policies. Upon hire TB two step completed then annual TB screening is required. All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General’s Excluded Provider List..
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND EQUIPMENT: Work is performed in clients' homes with the employee driving from home to home during the work period. The clients' homes are throughout the service area, including Johnson County and all bordering counties. The driving requirements include in-town and highway driving in good and inclement weather. All professional staff will use IPads to document their work in the client homes, and will be issued an IPhone.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: The employee will demonstrate skill and knowledge in providing therapy services for the treatment of the effects of acute and/or chronic illnesses. The employee will demonstrate organizational skills required to manage several client appointments and necessary follow ups each day; the employee will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in the English Language, both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE DEMANDS: The employee will perform the duties of the job at the clients' homes during employed hours. The duties may include performing prescribed exercises, assisting with transferring clients from one place to another, assisting with ambulation, etc. These duties require the physical demands of lifting, reaching, pushing, walking, going up and down stairs, driving, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: To be performed satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The following duties are normal for this position. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, it is not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned by the employer.
- Effectively interprets and carries out the therapy treatment plan as designated by the licensed physical therapist.
- Demonstrates competence in performing therapeutic procedures and modalities as designated by the licensed physical therapist.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and consistently practices according to, the regulations of the board of physical and occupational therapy examiners.
- Coordinates with and reports to physical therapist regularly. Immediately reports to physical therapist, and to physician if indicated, if there is deterioration in patient status or any indication that the current therapy plan requires modification.
- Demonstrates the ability to establish positive relationships with patients and effectively promote patient participation in physical therapy.
- Effectively works to promote patient goal achievement and timely progress to greater mobility, function, comfort, and/or independence.
- Assists in patient education regarding home safety, use of mobility aids, home exercises, mobility, activity, and emergency procedures
- Complies with agency standards on visit productivity.
- Complies with agency policies on frequency of home visits to meet individual and family needs.
- Complies with agency policies regarding the maintenance and preparation of records and reports.
- Provides patient medical, geographical, financial and statistical information as needed by the agency.
- Participates in agency education and performance improvement meetings, staffing, and projects as required.
- Assists physical therapist as requested with agency education for promotion of physical therapy services and improving staff knowledge of rehabilitative measures.
- Maintains, up-grades knowledge through continuing education programs, review of literature, etc., applicable to home and community health.
- Maintains current CPR training and knowledge of expected performance in emergency situation.
- Performs other duties as necessary, including required participation in VNA emergency/ disaster plans.
- Previous experience preferred.
- License: Physical Therapy Assistant, licensed to practice in the State of Iowa.
- Graduate from a physical therapist assistance curriculum approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association, licensed to practice in the State of Iowa
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing
- US work authorization (Required)
- Passionate about home care with a genuine desire to help others
- All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General’s Excluded Provider List.
- Reliable, professional and able to start soon after required background checks are completed
- 2 step TB testing is required.
- First Aid training
- Mandatory Reporter Training
- Iowa Driver License, Patient homes are located throughout agency territory (Johnson County) with driving requirements that include in-town and highway driving during good and inclement weather.
- COVID-19 considerations: COVID 19 Vaccination or medical/religious exemption required; applicable infection control standards are applied company wide to assure a safer work environment