At GBBN, architecture goes beyond buildings, because positively affecting people is the most important thing we do. We believe in the intersection of Design, Market and Technical expertise. Our vision is to be a firm sought out by the best and most creative talent and clients who share our passion for the role design plays in their own competitive transformations. This journey we are on fuels us every day to design better, think better and collaborate better. National recognition isn’t something that’s bestowed—it’s earned - every project, every day.
The Project Architect manages a multi-disciplined team throughout the entire project’s development to meet the needs of the client, while managing project and design goals, and schedules. This individual should have demonstrated experience in project team management, and client and consultant coordination.
Project Leadership – lead a multi-functional team in delivering the project with excellence
· Understand the client’s business objectives and translate those objectives to the project team and ensure that the goals for the project, team and work-plan are met.
· Lead the Project team to deliver projects efficiently and effectively.
· Partner with Project Managers to develop and manage the project budget.
· Manage project delivery process from schematic design through construction observation.
· Partner with Project Designer on delivery of client presentations.
· Direct issue resolution and enhance project quality in reporting to internal and external audiences.
· Lead the project delivery process to deliver innovative concepts that solve client challenges in unexpected ways
· Operations – contribute to Firm strategies to strengthen internal processes and develop
· Collaborate with firm management to ensure appropriate staffing of project teams.
· Serve as a mentor for others in the organization in sharing knowledge with the entire office on design standards, practices, and policies.
· Business Development – support business development activities as appropriate.
· Contribute to business development by establishing confidence with clients, actively encourage and seek opportunities for follow up business for each project.
· Assist in the development and participate in interviews for potential projects.
Qualifications and Skills
· Persuasively and visually communicate ideas effectively and tactfully to project team and clients.
· Strong design and technical skills.
· Collaborative and consultative in approach, working effectively with project teams and clients.
· A natural multi-tasker who is comfortable managing competing priorities.
· Desire to grow team professionals through education and mentoring.
· Ability to build relationships and foster trust.
· Committed to advancing sustainability and resiliency through the work.
· Curious, a life-long learner able to find opportunities in challenges.
· Knowledge of and proficiency in Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD, Photo editing, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
Experience and Educational Requirements
· 10+ years of related experience
· Demonstrated experience working on AIA award winning project(s).
· Professional Architecture License required.
· Dedicated experience and knowledge of guidelines for design and construction of facilities.
· Knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED accreditation a plus.