Responsible for outreach and engagement aspects of The Association of Former Students’ Travel Program, engaging former students with The Association and the Aggie Network. Responsible for external aspects of the Travel program, including the Travel Reunion.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
Essential Functions: Coordinates aspects of outreach and engagement for the Travel Program.
- Serves as Association host and representative on numerous domestic and international trips annually, but is in the office for at least three weeks leading up to and throughout the entirety of the annual Travel Reunion as well as the Dallas Safari Club.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Traveling Aggies to develop special events/activities for the Travel Program, aside from the annual Travel Reunion.
- Assists with the marketing and promotion of the Travel Program through The Association’s Marketing and Communications offices.
- Works with The Association’s Development team to identify potential donors.
- Promotes The Association’s Endowed Century Club, Century Club, Aggie Ring Scholarship program and capital projects to travelers, and when appropriate, asks for these types of gifts.
Coordinates Travel Program activities and performs specific tasks in support of Travel activities.
- Responsible for being customer focused in all duties.
- Assists visitors and Association employees with Traveling Aggies trip information, reservations, modifications, cancellations and general inquiries.
- Answers telephone and email inquiries.
- Organizes and performs before- and after-trip duties, data entry, copy, file, fax, and scan accounting related documents.
- Ensures immediate responses are given to phone, mail and email inquiries.
Assists with trip selection for the following year.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Traveling Aggies and Director of Former Student Programs to develop travel programs and, together, selects trips/schedules for the upcoming year.
Responsible for the annual Travel Reunion.
- Directly responsible for the annual Travel Reunion to include, but not limited to: creating guest list, sending save the dates and invitations, securing hotel blocks, coordinating photo contest, creating appropriate videos and slide show to be shown during the event; Coordinates with the Events Team on the flow of the program, catering details and event execution.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association’s Travel Program.
- Provides excellent customer service to all potential and confirmed travelers.
- Cultivates genuine relationships with travelers, potential travelers and tour operators.
- Provides excellent customer service through multiple touch points between pre-booking to post-trip with personal communications to prospective and actual travelers.
- Promotes the programs and events of the Travel Program and The Association of Former Students.
- Regularly speaks at meetings around the local area, state and nation promoting the Travel program and The Association of Former Students.
Contributes to Former Student Programs events and activities, which includes:
- Provides on-site support for, but not limited to: All-Aggie Tailgates and away game and bowl game activities, Class Reunions, Coach’s Nights, Constituent Network activities, Young Alumni events and meetings and Traveling Aggies Reunion.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which includes:
- Contributing to efforts to achieve our culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Received: Manager of Traveling Aggies.
Required: Bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University.
Required: 2-4 years’ experience in an administrative or event capacity, including domestic and international travel experience and an understanding of the travel industry.
Preferred: 3-5 years in an administrative or event capacity, including domestic and international travel experience and a firm understanding of the travel industry. Supervisory experience.
Required: Must be able to operate a keyboard, telephone, and computer. Frequent use of a computer is required. Ability to perform occasional merge/mail tasks with envelopes and mailing labels required. Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. Physically healthy and available to travel domestically and internationally on occasion, being away from home days or weeks at a time. A valid driver’s license and passport.
Required: Exceptional organizational, planning and project management skills. Ability to work independently in an ever-changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines. Effective time management skills. Excellent public speaking skills. Ability to develop long-lasting and professional relationships. Working knowledge of standard office equipment. Advanced software skills, including MS Word, Excel and Google Suite to perform administrative duties as required in maintaining communications, databases and spreadsheets. Experience with MS Excel and MS Access. Be able to quickly learn digital communication technologies including website interfaces and mass email platforms.
Required: Ability to travel 40-60% annually. Current and active Passport. Extremely detail oriented. Professional attire and behavior. Outgoing personality with a positive and friendly attitude. Ability to interact with former students of all generations. Ability to handle multiple projects; flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing situations and problem solving with a positive attitude. Ability to derive solutions to unexpected last-minute challenges. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Work well independently as well as with a high-functioning team.
Preferred: First aid training and CPR certification.