The Visiting Nurse Association of Johnson County (VNA) is seeking a Clinical Services Manager to plan, coordinate, manage and evaluate the daily activities of a multidisciplinary team.
About Us: The Visiting Nurse Association of Johnson County (VNA) has brought care home to patients since 1949, helping them to live the best life possible. Iowa Care Community provides foundational support for nonprofit home health care organizations, taking care of human resources, billing, marketing, fundraising and more. By providing these administrative services, Iowa Care Community allows clinical staff to focus on outstanding compassionate care for patients and caregivers.
About our Employment Opportunities: This role model supervises a Social Worker, Nursing staff, Therapy staff, Home Care Aides and Homemakers. The position is responsible for the oversight of Skilled Home Care, Private Duty, and Health Maintenance and Promotion programs to ensuring high-quality home medical care, professional education and community programs are delivered effectively and efficiently in our Johnson county service territory. Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm; participates in after hours call, based on business needs.
About You: Are you dedicated to excellence, enjoy building lasting relationships, love helping to make a difference in the lives of others and looking for an agency who shares your core values? If you seek a mission centered, purpose driven career with a desire to serve others while working within an interdisciplinary professional team, we would love to talk with you about our open positions.
Our secret? We genuinely believe in our mission. We hire dedicated staff, compensate them well and then reward & recognize exceptional work within our team.
Our Team: understand the importance of meeting the needs of patients while helping them maintain a high quality of life in their home environment. The Nursing role care and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses, demonstrates organizational skills required to complete cares within established time frames, communicates effectively woth clients. Team and other care partners.
Commitment to Growth and Opportunity: Part of our mission is to empower and equip our staff with the right tools and resources needed to provide extraordinary care with professionalism and integrity. You must be interested in advancing and developing your skills as a caregiver to advance to higher paying assignments.
Commitment to Diversity: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our agency. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Bi-Weekly Pay structure with competitive wages, annual pay for performance bonuses and merit incentives that reward and recognize a job well done
- Opportunity to be promoted as new responsibilities are mastered, assist with case managing or join our office staff team
- Full benefit package available the first of the month following employment; includes part time employees working 20+ schedule hours per week
- I phone & I Pad to conduct daily business
- Generous vacation accruals in your first year (available to use as you accrue)
- 12 sick days accrued per year (available to use as you accrue)
- 8 holidays (our Aides do work one major holiday)
- 3 different Wellmark medical Plans to choose from (employer supplemented premiums)
- Blue Dental Plan
- Avesis Vision Plan
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employer Paid Life Insurance (additional family life is available)
- Employer matching 403b Retirement Account includes professional financial advising
- 3 Aflac plans (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident)
- Medical/Child Care flex spending accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Overtime
- Paid Training
A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing is required.
Current RN license in good standing;
- The “ideal” candidate has at least 5 years of healthcare, home health preferred
- Strong assessment and organizational skills
- Prior supervisory experience (clinical oversight, competency evaluations, etc.)
- Demonstrated success of working independently while taking on increased responsibilities
- Ambition to grow and mentor staff
- Solid Electronic Medical Records and PC skills
- Microsoft office products
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations for Home Health Care is desirable.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly in the English language both orally and in writing and will display exceptional interpersonal skills with all staff and community professionals.
- Works independently, and to manage staff and several projects simultaneously.
- Exhibits professionalism in all staff interactions, possess excellent communication skills and maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Car, driver's license and adequate insurance as outlined in the personnel policies is required.
- All offers of employment are conditioned upon the result of a criminal background check conducted by the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, as required by law and a negative finding on the Office of Inspector General’s Excluded Provider List.·
- VACCINATION/TESTING: Must provide COVID vaccination status. If not fully vaccinated employee will need to consent to receive it now, or request accommodation. Hepatitis B vaccination is offered and if declined will sign a waiver. Must take a 2-step TB test or to provide documentation of a recent TB Test and complete the second step during orientation.