This is a professional position under the immediate supervision of the Associate Director of Community Strategy and general supervision of the Executive Director. The position is supported through grants and contracts PreventEd has received to increase community efforts related to substance use in Lincoln County, Missouri.
· Participate as a team member in the formulation of program and/or agency planning, and in the coordination and implementation of PreventEd programs at the local and statewide levels.
· Participate in consulting, promotion, training, follow-up, and technical assistance to participating community coalitions as well as other communities and schools eligible for services under identified contracts.
· Serve as liaison to such agencies, coalitions, schools, and organizations which have an interest in prevention. Assist in networking of prevention programs to avoid duplication of efforts. Develop resources and referral sources needed by coalitions.
· Conduct needs assessments for participating coalitions and other communities interested in resources and services.
· Assist coalitions with development and implementation of alcohol, tobacco, and other drug (ATOD) misuse prevention action plans.
· Provide training for community members on topics needed to mobilize their communities and implement their action plans. Topics may include fund development, advocacy, ATOD information, drug-free alternatives, etc.
· Monitor all aspects of coalition development and action plan implementation.
· Continually seek opportunities to increase visibility and knowledge of PreventEd services.
· Assist in implementation of regional trainings and projects.
· Coordinate efforts with community partners and contractors.
· Write articles, make public presentations, cosponsor activities, etc., which raise awareness of ATOD issues and which bring resources together in support of ATOD prevention efforts.
· Document all aspects of the job in compliance with agency, contractual, and funding requirements and needs.
· Perform all other related work as assigned.
· High degree of maturity and emotional stability.
· Ability to maintain effective and cooperative relationships with volunteers, clients, staff members, and other community social service agencies.
· Strong decision-making and leadership skills.
· Cooperative spirit to work as a member of a team.
· Ability to organize well, work with details, and exhibit follow through.
· Some degree of flexibility with regard to evening and weekend work schedules.
· Interest in personal and professional growth and the desire to seek supervision and knowledge to assist in this process.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
· Bachelor's or master's degree in education, psychology, social work, community organization, counseling, human services, or related field.
· Within 6 months of hire obtain, at a minimum, Missouri Prevention Specialist (MPS) Certification through the Missouri Substance Abuse Professional Credentialing Board.
· Previous training or experience in public speaking, social services, minority relations, counseling, youth programs, planning/coordination, community organization, or teaching preferred.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· E-mail, Microsoft Word and Excel, data entry.
This position works primarily in an office setting at the PreventEd agency location with possible travel in the community. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively. The physical requirements of this job include: sitting, standing, walking, and climbing stairs on a regular basis; lifting up to 25 lbs.; pulling and /or pushing on occasion.