The Rewind Operator is responsible for converting large rolls of printed and non-printed labels into specified quantities for shipping, splicing and rewinding end or remnant rolls into reusable rolls.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Converts large rolls of printed and non-printed labels into specific quantities as requested by the customer.
- Slits labels into correct size if necessary
- Completes score sheets which calculates the amount of work being performed.
- Cleans work area
- Lifts between 10 and 75 pound rolls of paper
- Bag and organize rolls on carts for Shipping
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent. May include specialized classes beyond high school
- Has proficient understanding of principles in one or more functions. Typically possesses 0 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to read, interpret and create simple correspondence and memos.
- Knowledge of mechanics and hazard communication standards and material safety data sheets.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Generally, performs single function tasks that tend to be of moderate size and scope.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- Frequent exposure to manufacturing environment with one or more unpleasant or hazardous conditions including but not limited to exposure to dust, dirt, high noise levels, chemicals, etc. 21% to 50% of work time.
- Incumbent constantly required to walk, stand, grasp, reach, push/pull, bend, stoop, twisting and use of manual dexterity for prolonged periods of time.
- Incumbent regularly required to hear, speak, and use color vision.
- Incumbent regularly required to carry and lift up to 50 lbs.
Brook & Whittle Ltd. is one of North America’s leading Sustainable Labeling Solutions providers, producing pressure sensitive, flexographic and shrink sleeve labels for many of the nation’s leading brands. The company serves multiple consumer markets, including Personal Care, Beverage, Food, Nutraceuticals, Wine & Spirits, and Household Chemicals.
The company’s rapid growth can be attributed to its world-class staff of employees and its commitment to sustainability, print innovation, and the latest technological advancements. Wouldn’t it be cool to go into a store, pick up a product and say “we make that label”!
Our culture is first and foremost one of collaboration and teamwork. We hold ourselves to high professional, ethical, and fairness standards. We have zero tolerance for anything less. We celebrate our diverse workforce and reward good performance through our recognition program, advancement opportunities, and our compensation structure. We welcome you to consider being a part of this great team.
We’re passionate about leaving the planet better than we found it. But we can’t do it alone. We need trailblazers, independent and outside-the-box thinkers. People who are eager to learn, eager to succeed and have a passion for working as a team to solve technical and creative challenges.
At Brook + Whittle, we have the opportunity to do impactful work each and every day.
Brook & Whittle LTD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brook & Whittle complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Brook & Whittle expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Brook & Whittle LTD’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States without restriction.