Catania Oils is a privately-held fourth generation family business that expanded from its modest roots in the early 1900’s to one of the largest suppliers of quality oils for retail, food service, and bulk customers. The company provides both branded and private label oils. The 250,000 square-foot operation located in Ayer, Massachusetts is one of the largest indoor bulk oil processing facilities in the country and combines the latest automation technology with efficient processes and warehouse space to ensure a good price for the high-quality oils it produces. We are currently in need of a Logistics Analyst for our facility.
1.Negotiate with vendors and suppliers. Provide analysis to support findings.
2. Assist in the location, implementation and daily maintenance of a carrier performance database
3. Formulate systems and tools to assist the department in meeting company initiatives and departmental KPI/goals.
4. Use predictive analytics by conducting data mining, predictive modelling and data analysis to locate trends, patterns and potential opportunities
5. Analyze carrier bids, rates, costs, tariffs and freight bill auditing
6. Aid in negotiations with freight providers to secure pricing agreements
7. Maintain databases, including their structure, input, and accuracy
8. Comprehensive reporting and statistics
9. Develop procedures for maintaining orderly and accurate data
10. Locate supply chain tools to improve/maintain strong buyer-supplier collaboration with all freight providers
11. Provide data to help identify and monitor department benchmarks
12. Present ideas and aid in developing systems to track/improve the department’s effectiveness in achieving its goals.
13. Gather costs, set ship/deliver dates and issue freight tenders to freight providers
14. Run daily RFQ to Provide freight rates for inbound and outbound shipments to customer service and sales teams
15. Use Catania Oils and carrier tracking systems to monitor the progression of all shipments
16. Work directly with customer service/sales to help answer any freight related inquiries
17. Assist in the location, implementation and daily maintenance of a carrier performance database and other tools geared toward increased efficiencies through the department
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance Studies
• 2-3 + Years’ experience within the Logistics field
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office, Word and Excel
• Experience in working with different technology and systems
• Must able to work well in a team environment
• Self-motivated and driven
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Analytical thinking
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving
• Experience with any TMS is preferred
*Please do not refer candidates from third party recruiters
Equal Opportunity Employer