The Quality Engineer will ensure the proper administration of quality assurance system(s) and ensure the continuous manufacture of superior value added products. Manage non-conformance processes, drive continuous improvement efforts, and perform root-cause analysis and corrective actions. Active participation in Corrective Action Board activities and review of Corrective Action Requests. Write AS9100 processes and work instructions for quality assurance. This position will audit and qualify vendors off-site and approve vendor self-audit applications. Develops new equipment configurations, processes, and procedures to improve inspection processes.
Managing Quality Findings
Accountable to monitor and resolve/report First Pass Yield, Material Review Board, and Customer Quality Notifications.
Quality Management System Compliance
Accountable to ensure that the Quality Management System is compliant to customer, internal, external, and industry standards.
Accountable to approve suppliers self-surveys, perform on-site supplier audits, and complete internal audits.
Accountable to resolve corrective actions as assigned.
Accountable to integrate continuous improvement into the department by seeking to improve processes and procedures.
• Two year degree and/or quality accreditation required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing, Business Operations or other relevant field preferred.
• AS9100 auditor certification required or to obtain certification upon hire.
• Experience in a quality assurance position.
• FAA Part 21 quality system experience.
• Knowledge of Root Cause Corrective Action; including 8D, 5Y, fishbone, and other problem solving tools.
• Strong knowledge of AS9100 requirements.
• Experience in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing Processes preferred.
• Experience working with engineering, customer service, supply chain, and quality to resolve quality issues in timely manner.
• Proficiency to read drawing requirements and generating innovative techniques to obtain required measurements.
• Basic math and problem solving skills required.
• Excellent customer service skills for internal and external customers.
• Intermediate computer literacy with ERP program, Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Strong organization, time management, attention to detail, and multitasking skills required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here.
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
ACC is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25 and within 1 mile of public transportation. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard! Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In accordance with U.S. export regulations, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. It is possible that Air Comm Corporation may require authorization from the U.S. government in the form of an export license before providing an applicant or employee access to such technology and/or software code. When this is the case, employment is contingent upon Air Comm Corporation obtaining any required licenses or government authorizations prior to an applicant starting employment.