Status: Full-time, Exempt
Compensation: $60,000 - $67,000 Annually
Reports To: Senior Director of Individual Giving
The Northside Achievement Zone (NAZ) is a bold and innovative collaborative effort to close the achievement gap in the geographic “Zone” of North Minneapolis. Our work aims to end multigenerational poverty in our community, using education as a lever. We use a data-driven, evidence-based, achievement-focused model in which both children and their families move through a “cradle-to-career” ecosystem that provides comprehensive support. NAZ is a leading initiative in the national Promise Neighborhoods and cradle to college/career movement. As NAZ learns what works with families in North Minneapolis to address complex issues related to urban poverty, strategies are being set up for replication and informing the regional, state, and national fields.
The Northside Achievement Zone (NAZ) seeks a dynamic professional with event planning, fundraising, and volunteer management experience to join our growing team. As a collaborative professional with a passion for creating exceptional experiences, you will work with our frontline fundraisers to help donors connect and engage with NAZ, its mission, and the broader community.
The Special Events & Stewardship Manager will co-create, plan, and execute a comprehensive stewardship and events strategy (both virtual and in-person) to enhance donor engagement, strengthen organizational involvement, and build and retain the donor community. The position will report directly to the Senior Director of Individual Giving and will work in close partnership with the President & CEO, Chief Development Officer, Individual Giving Officer, Foundation & Corporate Relations Officer, and the Development Operations team.
Event Coordination (60%)
- Oversee the implementation of all development department-related events, including the annual gala and other donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Develop comprehensive event project plans and timelines in consultation with internal and external partners.
- Coordinate planning committee meetings and strengthen and develop external volunteer relationships.
- Identify and work with relevant vendors, including caterers, AV/sound companies, graphic designers, venues, photographers, consultants, and in-kind donors for events.
- Track and manage all event-related expenses.
- Collaborate on the creation and production of collateral and communication materials, including gala materials, e-communications, flyers, and impact reports.
- Strategize and coordinate auction item procurement and all other in-kind donations.
- Oversee event day activities, ensuring an exceptional guest experience, and proactively address any issues that arise.
- Analyze and report on the outcome and effectiveness of events by leveraging data and participant insights to inform future strategies.
Donor Stewardship (30%)
- Manage a portfolio of new and existing NAZ donors capable of making annual fund gifts of <$2,500, moving them through the donor lifecycle, and being accountable for metrics of quality contacts, gift closures, and creating strategies to grow the annual fund program.
- Track donor interactions and enter contact reports into Salesforce, CRM database.
- Work with the development department team to design and execute high-impact concierge stewardship and cultivation for donors.
Administrative Support (10%)
- Become proficient with Salesforce, the CRM database, and ensure that accurate event information is collected, maintained, and utilized.
- Attend department meetings to communicate pertinent information and shared organizational commitments.
- Assist with annual donor solicitations and data entry/data cleanup projects as needed.
- Serve as the primary development department liaison for cross-departmental events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred, and +3 years of related work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Proven success in managing positive working relationships with high-performing boards, volunteer committees, and staff to meet organizational goals.
- Ability to maintain donor confidentiality at all times and have a strong understanding of personal and professional boundaries in an office setting.
- A creative and outgoing personality with the ability to work with many types of individuals.
- Ability to represent the Northside Achievement Zone’s mission with enthusiasm and professionalism to the public.
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce or similar CRM databases.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to changing situations and priorities, exercise good judgment, with a strong attention to detail while staying focused on overarching goals;
- Flexibility and capability to think creatively, communicate broadly, and demonstrate solutions-oriented leadership;
- Excellent quantitative skills and a proven ability to utilize data to drive decision-making;
- High level of success working independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment;
- A valid driver’s license or reliable means of transportation to travel to offsite meetings and events;
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours/days, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- This is a hybrid role, and the individual will complete a portion of their work onsite at the NAZ facility located in Minneapolis, MN 55411;
- Work includes frequent walking up and down stairs, lifting, sitting, and bending;
- Regular operation of standard office machines (computer, copier, and fax) is required;
- Limited travel may be required;
- NAZ requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be made with Human Resources upon hire.