About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 200 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
Ayers Saint Gross Architects seeks a Data Analyst to join our urban and campus planning practice. This individual will contribute to our consulting projects by conducting quantitative data analysis that helps advance strategy and decision-making around campuses, facilities, and urban places.
In this role you will be expected to gather and interpret data from a variety of sources, and to organize and report data in a useful and easy to understand format. Ideal candidates are interested in examining past and current data, asking thoughtful questions, and exploring trends to improve planning efforts and outcomes. This position offers interested individuals significant career development and growth potential into roles with increasing responsibility.
Our ideal candidate will work in the Baltimore, MD or Washington, DC offices. We have a hybrid work schedule, with approximately 50% of the work week taking place in person, either in our offices or on-site with clients. We are open to a fully remote arrangement for the right candidate.
- Process, validate, and normalize data sets from clients, especially higher education clients
- Find and manipulate spatial and quantitative data from publicly available sources
- Developing and customizing queries and reports
- Work collaboratively with senior analysts, planners, and designers to conduct analyses that inform facilities planning and design dialogue and recommendations
- Create data visualizations and dashboards that can be used for presentations and outputs
- Assist team’s leadership in improving process and advancing the use of technology in new and different ways
- Travel to client sites to create and validate data sets and participate in client meetings (up to 20% of the time)
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or other related disciplines
- Practical and transferable work or internship experience, especially prior experience working for a consulting or architecture firm, or an institution of higher education, is a plus.
- Interest in urban and campus planning and topics that influence space needs and space management
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail
- Solid listening and synthesis skills
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Software proficiencies should include MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint
Other software skills that are desirable but not required include:
- Familiarity with MySQL and relational databases
- Familiarity with Python and using Python for data science
- Information visualization and graphic software (Adobe, Affinity Photo)
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com.
As part of the Health and Safety protocols at Ayers Saint Gross, effective January 4, 2022, all US-based new hires, including interns will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical or religious exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.