The Development & Communications Manager works with the CEO, as well as in partnership with Clarke’s local Program Director and Clarke’s Chief Communications Officer, to create and implement strategies for local fundraising, communications, and outreach efforts.
- Leads the fundraising efforts in their local market in order to maintain and grow philanthropic donations from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Develops and maintains a prospect portfolio to optimize fundraising opportunities
- Develops and implements campaign/work plans to attract prospective donors
- Functions as a key employee of the Clarke Development Team
- Functions as a regional extension of the National Communications Team
- Works closely with the Program Director to develop and execute strategies to enhance Clarke’s outreach to its referral network in order to ensure a pipeline of prospective students.
- Builds and manages relationships with key staff regarding grant-related fundraising tasks and content for marketing and communications
- Captures and shares local program content with the National Communications Team including site-based activities, photos, videos, and student/family stories
- Responsible for keeping the key staff and Development Team updated with grant writing/editing and reporting requirements
- Represents Clarke on calls, at events and training with community leaders and partner agencies
- Represents Clarke with local media outlets in collaboration with the National Communications Team
- Prepares reports, briefs, meeting summaries and all related materials as required
- Attends and actively participates in team and Clarke-wide meetings
- Performs all other related duties and responsibilities as required
- Ability to work outside of the usual business hours on occasion.
- Ability to work at a computer, sitting for extended periods
- Ability to attend local events and represent Clarke to engage with donors and prospective students and families
- Occasionally lift moderate weight
Education, licenses, certifications, skills, and experience
- Demonstrated fundraising track-record for other nonprofit organizations
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to delegate tasks as needed
- Strong Interpersonal skills with the ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, and donor-related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s various data systems.
- Commitment to the mission of Clarke