Performs highly technical, responsible, and confidential development and administrative duties for the Vice President of Development. The ideal candidate will exhibit polished professionalism, an acute attention to detail, effective communication skills, and problem solving skills in order to provide crucial support to the Vice President of Development. To be successful in this role, the candidate should be well-organized, have great time management, and be able to independently execute tasks.
Performs executive-level administrative duties in support of the Vice President of Development.
- Processes confidential matters and either resolves or refers appropriately within the organization.
- Drafts, proofreads, corrects, and produces correspondence on behalf of Vice President of Development.
- Schedules Vice President's appointments and maintains Vice President's calendar.
- Makes travel arrangements, prepares travel itineraries, and assembles all travel materials for Vice President.
- Greets guests of the Vice President of Development.
- Answers and filters calls as needed.
- Assists Vice President with preparations for board meetings as well as taking minutes for the Board's Fundraising Committee.
- Assists Vice President with preparations for prospective donor visits.
- Prepares monthly expense reports, quarterly mileage reports, vouchers, entertainment reports, and other forms for Vice President of Development.
- Prepares gift bags and baskets as needed.
- Reads and responds to email and mail on behalf of Vice President of Development as needed.
- Provides support to the Vice President of Development on home game days and donor events.
- Assists Vice President with special projects as needed, including updating the organization's 100K business plan on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Assists with coordination of hosting donors for dinners, football games, and baseball games.
- Handles inputting contact reports for Vice President of Development.
- Organizes and maintains the Vice President's office filing system.
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies and promotional items for Development and Annual Giving.
- Provides office support for special events as needed.
- Assists with answering incoming phone calls and visitor inquiries regarding Development and Annual Giving inquiries.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal of 100K by 2020.
- On-site event support for Board meetings and leadership conferences.
- Participation on internal event and task committees.
- Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, All-Aggie Grad Party, Ring Delivery, and game days as needed.
- Represents The Association at events as needed.
Acts as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Vice President of Development.
Given: Development Student Assistant.
Required: High School graduate or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree or combination of training and experience.
Required: Working knowledge of standard office equipment and software, specifically for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations. Keyboarding and communication skills.
Required: Two years administrative assistant or equivalent.
Preferred: Five or more years at the Senior Administrative Assistant level.
Required: Ability to operate a keyboard. Frequent use of computer.
Required: Ability to travel as needed in support of Vice President and/or Development events.