Level: ARC II
Supervisor: Studio Leader
This position requires some experience within the design profession. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of project types in a variety of roles. You will gain valuable experience working on exciting projects to develop your research and technical capabilities. Often, you will have the opportunity to work directly with principals and project managers at the very beginning of projects or work with other capable and knowledgeable teammates.
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Architectural Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create and modify drawings as directed by others.
2. Check own work prior to review by others.
3. Understand and adhere to SERA’s graphic standards.
4. Create graphic presentations such as design review, client presentations and marketing collateral.
5. Coordinate specific details or work scope with sub consultants with supervision.
6. Work with product vendors/ manufacturers to develop architectural details with supervision.
1. Navigate and understand how construction documents are assembled.
2. Be aware of trends in the A/E/C industry.
3. Use the building code to develop architectural plans.
4. Understand architectural specifications and the project manual.
5. Work with other SERA resource groups to develop the project.
6. Other duties as assigned.
SuRG Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and document strategies for resource efficiency (water, energy, and materials).
2. Integrate analysis methods in the design process (including climate, daylighting, energy, and embodied carbon.)
3. Collaborate in the exploration and development of strategies for restorative and regenerative design.
4. Support the certification of projects with supervision, such as LEED, Fitwel, LBC, etc. Product documentation for certification, and coordinate specific credits with sub consultants with supervision.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Education + Experience
· Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
· Generally have 2 - 3 years of industry experience in an architect's office.
· Experience with Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office Suite required.
What you'll bring:
· Knowledge of Sketchup and Bluebeam preferred.
· Ability to communicate through verbal, written and graphic communication formats.
· Ability to determine the right tool for the task.
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.