Reviews potential turnkey projects for viability and determines risk. Determines equipment specifications, reviews system layouts, collaborates with internal and external engineering groups on custom equipment designs, and participates in the sales process.
- Works with sales department to determine viability and risk of potential projects.
- Works with sales and applications engineering to determine if proposed equipment will meet the projects requirements.
- Works with external vendors to determine required equipment specifications, and budgetary pricing on viable projects.
- Gathers identified equipment layouts and assembles a proposed project equipment system layout.
- Utilizes proposed project system layout to ensure fit, form, and function within customer supplied facility layout.
- Upon receipt of purchase order for system equipment. Reviews all equipment on purchase order against system proposal ensuring all equipment is present and the correct specifications.
- Enters all required equipment into company ERP system. Follows up with Production and Purchasing depts.
- Works with purchasing and accounting department to ensure proper purchase orders are issued to internal and external vendors.
- Designs and details required custom system tooling.
- Gathers all final equipment layouts from both internal and external vendors and generates a final full system layout.
- Utilizes final full system layout to ensure fit, form, and function within customer supplied facility layout.
- Generates customer proposals for complex projects that includes 3rd party equipment.
- Coordinates external labor requirements to include quotes and scheduling to insure proper installation timing between external and internal supplied equipment.
- Coordinates internal labor requirements to include quotes and scheduling to insure proper installation timing between internal and external supplied equipment.
- Travel to customer sites as needed. 10-20% travel is expected.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or engineering technology.
- Minimum of 5 years of packaging industry experience.
- Proficient in 3D parametric modeling and 2D AutoCAD.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, self-motivated.
- Computer literate in Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and must be insurable.
- Requires a passport to travel outside of the United States.
- Eligibility on first day of employment for company-paid benefits such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability subject to plan terms. *Yamato currently pays for 100% of the health, dental and vision premiums!!!
- Eligibility for 401(k) plan on 1st day of month following 30 days of service with a company match of 4% on employee deferral of 5% or more. Additionally, you are fully vested in the employer match on Day1 if enrolled in the plan!
- 18 paid time off (PTO) days accrued by calendar year.
- Ten (10) Company-paid holidays per calendar year
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and lift up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.