The SetPoint Medical Product Development team is seeking a motivated, hardworking, and intellectually curious junior engineer to work on a sophisticated active implantable device and connected software systems. Programming responsibilities may include, depending on the Software Engineer’s skillset, any part of the software development stack from low-level embedded code to high-level cloud development. The software engineer will work closely with senior engineers to receive training and mentorship.
All candidates will be required to present a portfolio, either digital or printed, of relevant work experience, personal, and/or academic projects. Portfolios shall include screenshots of applications and websites the candidate has created, code examples, documentation examples, and/or anything else that highlights the candidate’s skills. Candidates that cannot present a portfolio need not apply.
Responsibilities will vary depending on the Software Engineer’s skillsets, but may include:
· Writing mobile applications for iOS using Swift, and Android applications using Java or Kotlin
· Writing Windows desktop applications in C# using WPF and UWP
· Authoring cloud services using C#
· Low-level embedded programming with C and C++
· Participate in planning, requirements analysis, architecture and specification design, and verification processes
· Actively communicate and engage with other departments (e.g., electrical and mechanical engineering, regulatory, quality, etc.) to develop a robust and controlled product
· B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related major
· Proficiency and experience with object-oriented programming. Knowledge of C#, Swift, Java, and/or C++ are preferred
· Should have some prior experience in creating applications, either mobile or desktop. This includes applications created for personal or academic projects
· Experience with developing and debugging in professional IDEs (e.g., Visual Studio, Xcode, Eclipse, etc.)
· Familiarity with SQL and Database Design principals
· Familiarity with client/server programming and architecture
· Strong writing skills
The following qualifications are all a plus, but not necessarily required:
· Experience and/or study in advanced topics such as multi-threaded programming, data science and machine learning, cybersecurity, advanced database design, etc.
· Experience in graphic design, and familiarity with raster and vector design tools (e.g., Photoshop and Illustrator)
· Familiarity with unit testing and user interface testing frameworks
· Experience with Class II/III medical devices
· Relevant work experience
Company Headquarters in Valencia, CA