Position: Workforce Solutions Representative
Salary Range: $63,000 – 68,000
Business Unit: Operations & Data
Department: Workforce Operations
Reports To: Manager, Workforce System Initiatives
Posted: September 2 – 16
About Philadelphia Works, Inc.
Philadelphia Works, Inc is the City’s Workforce Development Board. We are a quasi-public, non-profit organization serving both career seekers and employers. We invest public resources in a variety of workforce solutions. These solutions connect Philadelphia residents with employment and training opportunities and help employers find, grow, and retain local talent. For more information about our dedicated board members and staff, workforce news, labor market data, services, innovative initiatives, and current opportunities to connect, please visit www.philaworks.org.
Philadelphia Works requires all employees to be vaccinated with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
We currently have a hybrid schedule, where staff work 2 days in the office and 3 days remote.
The Workforce Solutions Representative will be responsible for creating an aligned and coordinated approach to workforce development with a focus on enlisting businesses as a partner in the identification, development, and implementation of, and investment in workforce solutions in the clean energy and life science industries. They will establish and maintain relationships with regional businesses, industry representatives, and community and training agencies that lead to career placements and/or workforce retention. The Workforce Solutions Representative will have a strategic role in building regional talent pipelines, addressing skill gaps, and creating meaningful educational and career pathways for a range of workers in these key industries in Southeast Pennsylvania. A successful business-driven approach to workforce development will result in improved outcomes and a well-positioned workforce designed to meet the needs of employers both now and in the future.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop an engagement strategy by focusing on targeted employers in the clean energy and life sciences industry sectors.
- Establish relationships with regional clean energy and life sciences employers to identify and address their hiring, training, and workforce advancement needs.
- Develop effective linkages with employers in the region to promote employer utilization of the local workforce system including PA CareerLink® and to support the local workforce investment activities
- Convey information about demand-driven training and employment services for job seekers and employer-driven training programs, certifications, and skill sets.
- Work directly with employers to meet their needs with customized training, addressing job quality, employee retention, and diversifying hiring.
- Maintain thorough documentation of all employer contacts; maintain and update all employer databases and remain abreast of local and regional labor market trends and research.
- Work with the research and data team to develop regular data and business intelligence products for use by employers and other partners.
- Identify, convene, and support targeted sectors to map talent pipelines and identify strategies to tie talent needs to career pathways and the workforce system.
- Work closely with partners such as the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and the City’s Department of Commerce to support and grow initiatives in identified industries.
- Collaborate with workforce boards in the Southeastern Pennsylvania region on assessing employer needs, reviewing employer feedback, and sharing best practices.
- Gather and maintain accurate records for weekly, monthly, and quarterly funding reports.
- Maintain specific competencies and serve as the expert in an assigned targeted industry cluster, tailoring service delivery systems to each employer’s needs.
- Respond promptly to all employer requests, thus securing a high degree of customer service excellence.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Business, or other related fields with 3 years of experience in sales and/or organizational development.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Experience working with businesses in the clean energy and/or life sciences sectors
· Strong skills in the following area: partnership development, customer relations, account management, project management, and account development
· Ability to make firm appointments, articulate the mission, providing a high degree of customer satisfaction
· Strong written, public speaking, interpersonal, presentation, and relationship-building skills
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· Manage and deliver contract submissions accurately in a timely manner
· Strong organizational, analytical, and prioritizing skills
· Strong networker
· Ability to multi-task and possess the flexibility to meet departmental needs
· Proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office products
· Ability to effectively relate to people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds, government agencies, public officials, and all levels of management and staff
· Must have the ability to travel throughout the city and surrounding area
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full-time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.