We are seeking an experienced environmental Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessor. The position will support multiple clients and projects, with the common theme of characterizing the interactions of organisms (e.g., people, wildlife, fish, invertebrates) and chemicals. The day-to-day work will vary and may involve data management, risk assessment, statistical analyses, literature review, field work, and writing. SynTerra offers opportunities to manage tasks and projects, communicate with clients, and present and/or publish your work through science conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
- Work collaboratively with project teams to deliver accurate and timely work products.
- Research specified topics and summarize technical findings.
- Synthesize findings derived using experimental and computational approaches.
- Review and interpret environmental and toxicological studies and reports.
- Conduct exposure and human health and ecological risk assessments in accordance with federal and state guidance.
- Support remedial strategy development for impaired sites.
- Collaborate in the development of sampling and analysis plans for various media, such as soil, surface water, groundwater, sediment, and indoor air.
- Perform environmental sampling.
- Prepare documents such as letters, memoranda, proposals, work plans and investigative reports.
- Support business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan.
- Flexible hours and ability to travel.
- Engage in a diversity of environmental disciplines and projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in an environmental science, toxicology, public health, or related health or environmental science discipline.
- Advanced degree (MS, MPH, PhD) in an environmental science, toxicology, public health, or related health science discipline preferred.
- At least 5 years of work experience in an environmental consulting or regulatory environment with a focus on site investigation/remediation, applied toxicology, and/or human health and ecological risk assessment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license and qualified to operate a vehicle under the conditions of SynTerra’s Vehicle Procedure.
- Ability to pass drug and background screening.
- Experience with implementing EPA s Risk Assessment Guidance for Superfund (required)
- Ability to present to scientific, regulatory and public audiences (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed (required)
- Working knowledge of relevant federal regulations, especially CERCLA and RCRA (preferred)
- Experience working on legally sensitive projects (preferred)
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
SynTerra is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation, or any other characteristics protected by law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies.