This position is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate effectiveness and efficiency for the office. As the Executive Assistant, this individual will perform a wide range of administrative support activities to support the Executive Leadership team and assistance to the CHRO to facilitate the efficient HR operation of the organization.
Artisan Design Group – or ADG – is a leading supply chain partner to homebuilders throughout the United States. Over 3,000 ADG employees operating out of 135 facilities in 25 states provide a full range of design, procurement and installation services along with products from the top manufacturers of flooring, cabinets and countertops. Formed in 2016 by the merging of two industry leaders, ADG then acquired over 20 additional companies – each a leader in the geography it serves.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate logistics and prepare meeting materials for SLT meetings as requested.
- Maintain confidential files and records as well as update contacts for the SLT as requested.
- Collaborate and assist meetings as needed, with duties that include planning accommodations, menus, space set-up, managing to a budget, coordinating local transportation, and managing audio/visual requirements.
- Provide event planning assistance to the DSC teams as needed for other events.
- Working with the DSC HR team to coordinate activities such as the monthly celebrations, volunteer activities, social engagements, and holiday celebrations.
- Manage and maintain the CHRO and other SLT members (as requested) calendar including scheduling appointments, internal/external meetings, and conference calls.
- Coordinate SLT travel itineraries, flights, hotel accommodation, transportation, and other travel needs.
- Draft and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents on behalf of CHRO.
- Complete monthly expense reconciliation for CHRO and other SLT members’ (as requested) corporate credit card and out of pocket expenses.
- Secure appropriate signatures and track documents through the approval process on behalf of CHRO and other SLT members (as requested).
- Serve as a liaison with internal staff at all levels.
- Interact with external partners as well as ADG leadership.
- Support other Senior Management staff on other projects as needed.
- Prepare agendas for meetings, briefing materials and presentations as needed to support the CHRO and other SLT members (as requested).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years of office administration experience.
- An interest or desire in developing expertise in administrative support, logistical planning and vendor management.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of PC software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in order to create correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Attention to detail is a must as well as strong organizational skills.
- S/he must be resourceful and committed to establishing and maintaining effective organizational systems within an office environment.
- Event planning experience highly desired.
- Experience with travel arrangements and logistics management is a strong plus.
- High level of professionalism and a strong ability to relate to people of all business levels.
- Effective interpersonal communication style particularly with Board members, executives, and senior level staff.
- Passionate, enthusiastic, team player, with good judgment and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities; proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with little direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle and feel office supplies; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in documents.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office Environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Fast-paced work environment
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.