Work in one of the most beautiful places in Nashville! Formerly the family home of Mabel and Leslie Cheek, Cheekwood now serves the public as a botanical garden, arboretum, and museum with period rooms and art galleries. Cheekwood’s mission is to stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit, for not only our visitors, but our staff as well.
Rentals/Special Events Department internships are designed to expose students to the multi-faceted and high energy field of Venue Logistics, Event Sales, Planning, Coordination and Execution while providing students with opportunities to apply skills in a real-world environment.
- Conduct a semester long project tailored to interns goals and department needs. Department needs may include execution of events, event sales, etc.
- Active learning in the area of proactive sales, venue logistics, planning, coordination and scheduling of a wide variety of events including large and small annual events, corporate events, weddings, fundraisers, networking events, internal events, and special interest group meetings. Internal events may include holiday and seasonal programming, weekly events on the grounds, large and small dinners, meetings etc.
- Assisting in the creation of proposals to tailor events specifically to clients needs and accurately represent financial obligation of client.
- Web/social media based marketing and media – assist with creating, editing and publishing content.
- Working with a team to become familiar with preparing venue logistic documents for vendors and staff including BEO’s and floorplans.
- Day of event execution as needed; set-up, tear-down, and general coordination of overall event.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Strong project management skills, working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills; fluent with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communications, demonstrated success with multi-tasking & juggling multiple priorities.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, highly reliable, polished and professional when dealing with members, prospective members, sponsors, and executive management.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with an all-hands-on-deck mentality.
Minimum 15 hours/week for up to 16 weeks.
Rising junior or Senior at the undergraduate level, or graduate student from an accredited university.
Area of Study:
Hospitality management, Tourism, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or Business.
Application Requirements: Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest with desired internship and semester, a resume, and a list of 3 references, at least one academic. Start dates may vary based upon department needs and schedule. Please "Apply" below via the orange button and also remember to submit letter, resume and references to Abby Ornella at email@example.com by the application deadline for the desired semester. All interns will be required to undergo a background check.
- Membership & Discounts: As an employee, you receive a Cheekwood membership, which entitles you to unlimited admission during regular Garden hours and a limited number of free tickets to special events. Members also receive discounts classes, ticketed events, and purchases at the Gift Shop. Your Cheekwood membership also include reciprocal admission for named members to more than 300 gardens though the American Horticultural Society.
- Reciprocal Admission: As an employee of Cheekwood you have free general admission access to many local cultural, historical, and art institutions as part of the employee admission program.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer