Work in one of the most beautiful places in Nashville! Formerly the family home of Mabel and Leslie Cheek, Cheekwood now serves the public as a botanical garden, arboretum, and museum with period rooms and art galleries. Cheekwood’s mission is to stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit, for not only our visitors, but our staff as well.
The Cheekwood Retail Department is seeking an intern to assist in the development and management of our ecommerce site. This person would be responsible for product photography, photo editing, writing product descriptions, fulfilling orders and inventory management.
- Product Photography & Photo Editing
o Take multiple photos of products, showing different angles and lighting
o Style product photos for use on website and social media
o Edit photos to match aesthetic of current product photograph
o Write accurate and engaging product descriptions for Item Pages
o Record proper dimensions of items and load into backend of ecommerce site
- Inventory Management & Shipping
o Track inventory of online items and keep website counts up to date
o Remove items from sales floor once sold, pack and ship via USPS
- Customer Service
o Respond to any online inquiries regarding order status, promo codes or payment issues
o Develop social media content for retail team that links to items being sold online
o Provide Marketing Team with weekly content for emails and social media
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic photography principles, lighting, and basic photo editing (Photos will be taken using digital camera and/or smartphone)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Eye for design and attention to detail
- Familiar with SharePoint, OneDrive and able to work on a PC
Minimum 15 hours/week for up to 16 weeks.
Sophomore or above at the undergraduate level, or graduate student from an accredited university.
Area of Study:
Ecommerce, Retail Management, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Fashion Merchandising, Photography or Business.
Application Requirements: Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest with desired internship and semester, a resume, and a list of 3 references, at least one academic. Start dates may vary based upon department needs and schedule. Please "Apply" below via the orange button and also remember to submit letter, resume and references to Abby Ornella at firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline for the desired semester. All interns will be required to undergo a background check.
- Membership & Discounts: As an employee, you receive a Cheekwood membership, which entitles you to unlimited admission during regular Garden hours and a limited number of free tickets to special events. Members also receive discounts classes, ticketed events, and purchases at the Gift Shop. Your Cheekwood membership also include reciprocal admission for named members to more than 300 gardens though the American Horticultural Society.
- Reciprocal Admission: As an employee of Cheekwood you have free general admission access to many local cultural, historical, and art institutions as part of the employee admission program.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer