The Account Manager manages an assigned customer base and prospect accounts to provide Exceptional Service fulfilling customer specific goals and Naturipe Farms Strategic goals and objectives.
• Supervisor: Director of Business Development (East)
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Establishes and maintains Professional sales relationships with assigned existing Naturipe Farms Accounts and grows these accounts in accordance with Naturipe Farms Strategic Sales Plan.
• Develops and establishes new customer base in the Mid-West Region in accordance with Naturipe Farms Strategic Sales Plan.
• Performs Monthly Market updates to entire business on the competitive conditions, retail displays, pricing and anything new in the market place in the region they service.
• Conducts sales calls, schedules promotional volumes and prices, monitors sales to identify opportunities in accordance with Strategic Sales Plan.
• Proposes customer visit schedule with meeting purpose and agendas to advance relationship.
• Accountable to annual sales plan/budget by account by product for review and agreement with Director of Retail Sales. Includes quantity by product, fob price objectives, ad or promotional target periods with volume and price objectives, budget customer visits, special programs or marketing tactics planned to earn loyalty and achieve goals.
• Coordinates Promotional Plans by accounts to ensure volumes are aligned with the Sales Plan and weekly Promotional Planner.
• Presents and effectively executes company’s marketing initiatives to Retail Trade.
• Provides no less than quarterly evaluations of customer to the Director of Retail Sales with recommendations for actions to improve business.
• Submits Promotional pricing and volume requests to Director of Retail Sales for approval prior to offering customer. Submits both offers and acceptances to the Promotional File Coordinator to assure smooth and effective product flow.
• Needs to be the content expert in his/her market and identify opportunities for growth and recommend tactics to achieve goals and/or prospective new accounts to Director of Retail Sales.
• Responsible to record price and volume quotations and to make offers only within department established guidelines.
• Accountable for accurate order entry (including quantity, price, product, customer, ship to, delivery instructions and any special instructions) into company system and, if needed, the customer system, and to monitor status of orders up until confirmed received and/or cancelled.
• Must promptly (within company SOP) handle rejections by assigned accounts issuing proper notification, department required documentation, and provide customer support to sustain relationship.
• Expected to be aware of the competitive environment and report to manager and team on a real time basis to achieve market leadership.
• Responsible to respond to unexpected supply changes, both long and short, as a team player and to still provide best in Class Customer Service and optimal grower returns.
• Expected to participate in department meetings and conference calls.
• Responsible to cooperate with accounting department to assure prompt collection of assigned account receivables, and ultimately responsible for the collection of all funds.
• Actions and activity fosters Exceptional Service in customer relationships and market leadership. Strive to become the “go to berry guy” for designated accounts
• Provides backup as needed to other Account Managers/Product Managers during their absence.
Quantitative Data/Job Dimensions
• Acct Mgr Product Sales: FY19 - $55m+
• Order count: FY19 – 5,000+ annually
• No of assigned accounts: FY19 - 15 Accounts from Large Retail to small processors
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience with minimum of 3 years in produce industry preferred.
• Responsible for $50m to $75m in yearly sales with existing and new accounts.
• Ability to act independently and make competent decisions without supervision.
• Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and SAP helpful
• Individual must be detail oriented and an effective communicator to others
• Team player striving for the benefit of the team
• Available after hours and weekends as needed
• Travel 50-75 days per year
**Location: Anywhere in the Southeast US, remote home office.