Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services.
With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
The Compliance Manger will be responsible for maintaining compliance with HUD and Low-Income housing Tax credits. The position will act as the liaison with various governmental agencies and housing authorities. The Compliance Manager will report directly to the Director of Compliance and work closely with the Regional Manager.
At the direction of Fairstead Management, the Compliance Manager is directly responsible for the following:
- Oversees completion of files to ensure they are compliant with applicable Affordable Programs including Move-Ins, Annual Recertification, Interim Recertification, Gross Rent Changes, Terminations, and Initial Certifications.
- Monitoring Re-certification process to ensure community staff is completing the required certifications timely
- Ensure the state monitoring databases are updated monthly as required
- Assist community staff with preparation for MOR, LIHTC and other relevant agency audits
- Ensure all documentations used by site staff is up to date and compliant with the governing agency
- Ensure community staff is following procedural guidelines to administer and maintain compliance with all affordable housing programs (Including but not limited to the Department of Housing and Urban Development Programs and the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Programs).
- Monitor EIV Compliance
- Manage the license renewal process and coordinator regional disclosures
- Assist Compliance Director with HUD related paperwork for rent increases including completing utility allowance baselines
- Provides superior customer service to residents and prospective tenants by promptly responding to all incoming calls, messages, and emails in a professional, respectful manner
- Performs other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and required
- 2 years of affordable housing compliance experience (e.g., Section 8/LIHTC/Bond/multilayered programs)
- TACCs, COS, BOS, AHM or other widely-known affordable housing compliance certifications preferred;
- Excellent communication skills- written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills, including experience managing people (in multiple locations preferred)
- Extremely detail oriented
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (advanced excel functions)
- Yardi experience (preferred) or ability to learn new software quickly
- Must be willing to travel