Come work for Meridian at our facility in Teterboro, New Jersey! We are looking for a pro-active team player with ramp management skills to oversee and manage the line staff.
Meridian's proud history dates back over 75 years. Over the decades, our dedication to putting safety first and providing exceptional customer service has become the cornerstone of our culture. Meridian is proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our high safety standards and outstanding service, which is possible only because of the great people that work here.
Meridian is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity in our work force, recognizing it as a cornerstone of our success.
The Line Service Supervisor oversees and manages the Line Service Technicians as they maintain a safe and orderly ramp environment. We are currently hiring for a full-time position, with a regular work schedule of Monday through Friday, 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees shift employees meeting, greeting and directing arriving aircrafts; directs departing aircraft
- Facilitates aircraft towing/wing walking
- Patrols airfield to ensure security or aircraft and facilities
- Oversees the refueling/defueling of airplane tanks with gasoline and oil
- Ensures prompt snow removal and aircraft de-icing
- Ensures proper training of new employees
- Maintains employees’ schedule of hours, including regular shifts, holidays and vacations
- Prints and posts weather awareness notices
- Assures that all service requests are acknowledged and completed
- Assures that QTA’s are accomplished timely
- Assures customers and passenger service, from arrival to departure
- Ensures line personnel complete training on fire, de-icing, emergency evacuation, ramp safety and other topics on a continuous basis
- Oversees and directs movement of passengers and baggage on and off the aircraft
- Maintains excellent customer service relations and ensures that shift employees do as well
- Performs courtesy runs and errands when needed and delegates such tasks to shift employees when needed
- Assist CSRs and delegate which shift employees will assist CSRs when needed
- Have a working knowledge of Front Desk Procedures and applicable software operation
- The position is subject to drug and alcohol testing
- The employee is responsible for complying with and participating in Meridian’s Safety Management System and OSHA training and program
- Other assigned duties
- Oversee and manage the line staff including but not limited to daily operations, training, performance, employee relation issues, scheduling, and Time and Attendance – in accordance with company policies and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Engage in productive problem solving by coaching, counseling, and advising staff regarding work related issues
- Ensure employees receive company communications to maintain company standards and values
- Develop and help maintain relationships with customers and airport administration
- Serve as senior management in the absence of the Line Service Manager
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
Certificates and Licenses:
- AST Line Service Training Course preferred
- NATA Supervisor Training Course preferred
- Clean, valid, current driver’s license
- CDL License required
Technical or Specialized Equipment or Machines:
- A/C Tow Equipment
- A/C Refuelers
- De-Ice Trucks
- Plow Equipment
- Millipore Test Equipment
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.