SUMMARY: The Club Supervisor is responsible for creating a friendly, positive atmosphere for members; as well as establishing positive member and staff relations and interactions to increase member retention. Responsible for the smooth and efficient execution of all club and front desk functions; and a thorough understanding of all club procedures, functions, and programs to ensure the best possible experience for all members at Four Seasons. Leads staff in maintaining a friendly, secure, customer service/hospitality-oriented environment for members and guests, as well as sales of club memberships, programs and services.
VISION: At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS: Club Supervisors are required to have the availability to work needed shifts with a minimum of 15 hours per week. Must be available to work a weekend shift whether that be a permanent or rotational shift. Also is required to work Holidays as needed. The schedule may vary based on the needs of the department.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
- Warmly greet and register members and guests as they enter the club, following established procedures, with emphasis on correct identification and accurate computer records.
- Maintain a businesslike atmosphere in the office area that focuses on serving members, minimizing general visiting, and refraining from non-work-related activities.
- Work as a team member to provide a high level of service to members and leadership to staff. Ensures smooth operation of the facility with high customer service for members and teamwork among staff.
- Responsible for the overall supervision of club operations, as well as providing direction as needed to part-time staff and members of Four Seasons during assigned shifts.
- Uphold club policies and procedures in a tactful manner so as not to offend members and guests.
- Responsible for knowing and enforcing club policies and procedures to members and staff. Applies disciplinary action to members as needed and reports issues/concerns to management.
- Consistently moves throughout the club to provide direction as needed to members and staff.
- Responsible for knowing and activating any EAP protocols in the event of an emergency.
- Provide basic instruction and direction to members when needed to assure proper and safe use of equipment.
- Ensure fair use of equipment, giving attention to members’ time on machines when others are waiting.
- Provides effective membership tours to prospective members and guests, determining their needs and wants.
- Facilitates sale of membership and other club programs and services.
- Aid perspective members in the accurate completion of the membership agreement and payment form, including correct collection of membership fees.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and awareness of all on-going and upcoming activities and programs to accurately communicate to members and staff and to encourage member participation.
- Accurately record member’s registration for fitness classes, personal training classes, swim lessons, special events and other programs, processing payments according to procedures.
- Assist Member Accounts Team in updating membership records and maintaining membership records and files.
- Take reservations and process payments according to procedures.
- Provide timely and accurate information in response to member/guest inquiries.
- Answer telephone calls and in-person requests warmly and efficiently, responding and/or directing the call or contact appropriately.
- Responds to member relation issues such as complaints, comments, and suggestions. Communicates to Management as needed.
- Collect and register membership dues payments.
- Take member photos and prepare membership cards.
- Maintain adequate copies of all printed materials, distribute these appropriately and communicate needs for supplies and information to management.
- Never leave the front desk unattended.
- Coordinates efficient opening of facility and performs nightly closing of facility, lock-down, and financial close-out.
- Keeps cash drawers and change bags current and accurate.
- Completes tracking sheets on an hourly basis and communicates in a clearly, timely, and helpful manner with management regarding any facility, staffing, or programming issues through online portal system, Facility Dude and/or direct communication with Management.
- Responsible for cleanliness and minor maintenance of facility. Reports maintenance issues to Management.
- Accomplish basic cleaning of exercise equipment and exercise areas according to procedures, such as spraying and wiping equipment, locker room and restroom checks, facility checks to rerack weights and other fitness equipment.
- Responsible for collecting, washing, folding, and redistributing towels throughout the club for member use.
- Assist with handling of lost and found articles according to procedure.
- Provide towels, locks, and lap counters to members, handling replacement payments according to procedures.
- Checks out basketballs, volleyballs, racquetball, badminton, and pickleball equipment according to procedures.
- Handles sport shop purchases, completing transactions, receipts, and records accurately.
- Directs members to party room and assists party guests as needed.
- Attend to basic personal qualities for effective work performance, including appearance, promptness, sound judgement, and self-control.
- May assist with training new Club Supervisors.
- May perform additional duties as assigned, depending on which club they are working at.
- Attend scheduled meetings with Member Services Manager.
- Share ideas for improvement and problem-solving in a constructive manner.
- SMILE and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in customer service required.
- Must have a friendly, outgoing personality, with an even temper and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player and help whenever necessary.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to articulate with a clear speaking voice.
- Professional demeanor with ability to work with the public in a potentially high-stress environment.
- Basic computer knowledge and experience.
- Must be able to quickly grasp new and existing procedures with attention to detail, to ensure accurate completion of all duties.
- Availability and willingness to work varied hours as needed to provide coverage at all Four Seasons locations.
- Current CPR/AED certification required (or ability to obtain upon employment), to be maintained throughout employment.
- Two years of related experience in a fitness, health club, recreational, or customer service setting with supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to objectively handle tense situations with members or staff using common sense and following club procedures.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with the policies, practices, and procedures of the facility.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet member needs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display a passion for health and wellness.
- Able to communicate effectively with staff, members, and others in person, by telephone, and in writing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability visually recognize members and view check-in pictures and ID cards to match and ensure correct identification.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the facilities including the second floor and basement.
- Able to visually and auditorially monitor members and club activities.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to bend at the waist and crouch or knell down to empty towels bin and clean.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 45 pounds.
- Dresses appropriately and professionally in required uniform and name badge.
Functions regularly within a fitness and recreation facility. Regularly exposed to smells of cleaning products, swimming pools, and odors of exercise areas. Regularly exposed to noises in the fitness center such as clanking of weights, fans, loud music, and a paging system. Frequently works varying hours and days. Occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established procedures.