The Development Coordinator provides administrative support to the Development department leadership team and professional staff in coordinating the day to day infrastructure of resources, administrative and workflow processes, fundraising activities and administration, and maintenance of the department's Raiser’s Edge database system.
Salary. Range: $50,000 - 55,000; salary is commensurate with experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY JOB OUTCOMES
Fundraising Technology Management – Gift Processing, Data Entry & Analysis
- Maintain, monitor, and update the donor database and assuring consistent, accurate data entry and prompt updates to constituent records in accordance with industry best practices.
- Work directly with the Finance Department and outsourced vendors to manage daily financial tracking of all donations through checks, credit card transactions, and electronic transfers.
- Supports the Development team in creating financial and performance reports documenting the outcome and results of fundraising campaigns, appeals, and events.
- Maintain the Alliance’s relationships with outside fundraising technology vendors including Blackbaud and Classy.
Individual Giving Program Support & Member Services
- Act as the primary customer service representative for the Membership program, responding to phone and email inquiries and reaching out when needed to members
- Coordinate renewal and membership fulfillment processes, both in-house and through our vendor, including postal mail and email.
- Create timely acknowledgements to individual donors
- Support Director, Individual Giving in the execution of member communications calendar through tools such as Mailchimp
- Support Director, Individual Giving in task management of direct mail consultant
- Foster open communication and positive working relationships with colleagues and managers across the organization.
- Update financial tracking documents regularly, including Development Department dashboard, to account for progress towards individual giving goals and to identify trends over time
General Development Support
- Serve as the primary point of contact providing responsible and timely customer support and service for member households
- Assist with cross-departmental projects and initiatives, in particular fundraising efforts in collaboration with the Communications & External Relations team
- Assist with facilitating organization-wide communications around fundraising initiatives
- Assist with preparing individual giving appeals and other mailings
- Provide administrative and logistics assistance at Alliance fundraising events and select member and donor cultivation events
- Prepare and submit expense reimbursements for Director, Individual Giving and Vice President of Development
- Provide administrative and logistical support at Alliance fundraising events, including select member and donor cultivation events
Performs other job-related duties and functions as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two years (2) years experience providing general operational, administrative and infrastructure support in Development/Fundraising, Marketing, or Event/Conference planning required
- Associate's and/or Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred, but not required
- Proficient knowledge of Raiser's Edge required
- A valid NYS Driver’s License
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes)
- Passion for the Alliance Mission & Core Values: A passion for public parks and environmental conservation combined with a commitment to treating others with respect, appreciating individual differences and embracing the values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ethics & Integrity: Earns the trust and respect of others through a consistent commitment to integrity, honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Job Knowledge (Administrative & Operational): In depth understanding of logistics coordination, project management, scheduling and customer relations in a development/fundraising environment.
- Technology: Proficient with automated technologies that support area of responsibility including Raiser’s’ Edge, database management, automated project management tools, G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with Mailchimp and Classy preferred.
- Communication Skills: Superior written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and the ability to convey concepts and make presentations in a clear, culturally competent and understandable manner. Demonstrates effective listening skills and openness to other people’s ideas and suggestions.
- Planning, Organizing & Problem-Solving: Able to manage multiple projects effectively. Defines tasks and milestones to achieve objectives and ensures the optimal use of resources to effectively solve problems and accomplish work objectives. Alerts others to possible problems in a timely fashion and knows when to seek support and direction from others to solve problems, while offering possible solutions. Acts on solutions selected and decisions made.
- Organization & Accountability: Meticulously well-organized with diligent attention to detail, a sense of urgency, ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and takes pride in consistently producing accurate, timely and quality work products with minimal supervision.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Committed to working in collaboration with others, promoting cooperation and commitment to others and being a positive team contributor.
- Customer Service: Exhibits a strong commitment to delivering excellent and responsive service to internal stakeholders, patrons, donors and customers.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is normally performed in an interior office setting which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unusual elements.
- Requires use of a desktop, laptop, or video display terminal.
- Requires routine physical movements with limited physical exertion required.
- Ability to communicate, receive and understand information through oral and written communication and proofread and check documents for accuracy.
- Requires communicating information with co-workers, stakeholders and/or the public; reading correspondence, instructions and/or technical documents; writing correspondence and/or reports and filling in forms
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends for events
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required on or prior to start of employment
Diversity Makes Us Stronger Together: Prospect Park Alliance serves park users of all socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and strives to reflect this diversity throughout our operations and in our leadership, staff, stakeholders and supporters. We know that by creating an equitable and inclusive workplace built on mutual respect and the appreciation of difference, our employees will feel safe to express themselves, voice their opinions and work together to find common ground and solutions. Integral to this vision is our longstanding commitment to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.