The Loan Servicing Specialist is responsible for Loan Servicing, Collections, and Maintenance functions in connection with loans and products. This includes processing forbearance refund & re-apply requests, preparation of payoff demand statements, and loan maintenance activities such as tracking and reviewing of pending loan documents and exceptions. This person will also perform collection activities such as communicating with past due and delinquent loan borrowers and cosigners by telephone (inbound and outbound) and providing written notices to ensure full repayment or arrangement of acceptable payment arrangements. The Loan Servicing Specialist will be required to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
What you’ll be doing:
• Handle customer inquiries and issues throughout the lifecycle of a loan
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of loan products and systems
• Effectively manage numerous individual customer accounts
• Maintain confidentiality and security of borrower information
• Work cohesively with internal departments to solve issues
• Track, document, and report continuous client issues, lending habits and system problems
• Provide trustworthy, supportive, and individualized customer care
• Assist with document verification and other projects as needed
• Assist borrowers and cosigners with resolving outstanding loan debt through cash collections, or forbearance when appropriate.
• Problem solve and perform due diligence functions to ensure compliance with all Federal Regulations while always adhering to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as well as all bankruptcy and collection laws, both state and federal.
• Record accurate and detailed notes; update account status and borrower/cosigner information into computer system.
• Meet or exceed daily, weekly, and monthly performance goals, deadlines, and objectives.
• Counsel, problem solve and negotiate with confidence
What we’re looking for:
• Proven ability to deal with a variety of personalities and scenarios including but not limited borrowers, cosigners, clients, and internal/external partners
• Driven team members seeking a rewarding work environment
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Proven customer service skills (financial experience is not required, but a definite advantage)
• Team-oriented and functions well in a fast-paced environment
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Adaptability and ability to multitask
• Courteous and positive attitude
• Perform well under pressure
• Ability to work 1 to 2 late nights per week (or as needed based on business needs) 11:00am to 8:00pm EST