Supervisor: BIM Strategist
What you’ll do:
Under the supervision of the BIM Strategist, the BIM Specialist provides BIM troubleshooting and support to SERA’s staff and projects. This position communicates current practices and procedures to project staff and provides support for various design-related software applications. The position will also assist the Technical Director with project templates, models, and documentation & detail standards, which may involve other communication platforms such as WordPress and SharePoint.
Why is this role important?
The BIM Specialist assists in providing direction in emerging technologies associated with BIM and researches and develops opportunities for process improvement, application, and data integration with Revit.
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Education + Experience
- 2-year Technical Degree, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of BIM/Revit (Architecture) experience required.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting Revit technical issues including how to create complex Revit families. Problem solving experience should include in-person, remote, one-on-one, and group formats.
- Experience with the interaction between Revit and software used for solar analysis, daylighting, IES, and other LEED applications preferred.
What you'll bring:
- Ability to creatively solve problems.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new programs and technical platforms.
- Interest in and familiarity with multiple application platforms and complex systems, such as Revit, AutoCAD, NavisWorks, Newforma, 3D Studio Max, SketchUp, Rhino, BIM 360/ABC, Ideate Revit plugins, and the full Microsoft Office suite (ability to modify functionality and customize as needed).
- WordPress and SharePoint experience a plus.
- Understanding of Revit worksharing and Revit Server functionalities.
- Ability to troubleshoot Revit and project related issues.
- Ability to create accurate, 3D parametric families for Revit.
- Intermediate REVIT production skills required (Family creation, solve complex modeling issues).
- Ability to balance a wide array of tasks, responsibilities, and commitments efficiently and simultaneously.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Familiarity with using and creating point clouds in Revit and laser scanning in general is a plus.
- Flexibility in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Outstanding communication skills including the ability to communicate detailed information to resolve challenging modeling needs on project teams.
- Team player with the ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.