ABOUT DALLAS SPORTS COMMISSION
The Dallas Sports Commission (DSC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to attract, retain and support sports and entertainment events that will position Dallas as the premier sports destination and have a positive impact on the economy and quality of life of Dallas residents.
The Marketing Specialist with drive marketing efforts of the DSC and the DSC’s clients through digital and grassroots marketing. The ideal candidate must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, have impeccable communication skills, be able to handle themselves with professionalism, and have the drive necessary to handle the pace of the events associated with the Dallas Sports Commission
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (individual duties, assignments, and responsibilities required of the position)
A. Commitment to the Core Values and meeting the goals and objectives of the Dallas Sports Commission
B. Strategize to maximize social media platforms as a marketing tool to drive event ticket sales and awareness of events
C. Create, manage and track all social media contests, giveaways, etc. that promote the DSC and its event rightsholder's brands
D. Manage DSC’s eblast schedule and content, develop eblast and digital marketing strategies to grow database
E. Participate and contribute to Dallas Local Organizing Committee marketing efforts, including but not limited to social media management and grassroots marketing initiatives
F. Assist with marketing efforts in support of the sales and events teams
G. Assist with the creation and updates of sales and marketing materials, including signage, collateral, presentations, bid books, sales sheets and flyers
H. Support the Assistant Director of Marketing on the content development of web marketing assets, including but not limited dallassports.org and event microsites
I. Work closely with the Assistant Director of Marketing to develop marketing and promotional plans that result in maximizing ticket sales, attendance and media exposure
J. Manage the grassroots and digital elements of event marketing plans for promoting sporting events
K. Secure alignment with event’s marketing and social media team to create and execute grassroots and digital marketing plans
L. Spearhead grassroots marketing efforts, including Dallas skyline activations and community integration
M. Support the event services team with promotional materials for the designated event
N. Attend DSC events to capture content for social media with photography and videography
O. Assist with the management of the image library – aggressively seek new images and ensure library is up-to-date; fulfill requests for photos, videos and logos
P. Edit content across the organization, as needed, with strict adherence to our brand standards
Q. Manage the various social media platforms and improve existing social media platforms through creation of new content and researching relative content to publish
R. Manage or assist with special projects (e.g. videos, new programs, holiday card, etc.)
S. Assist with information booths and event activations as needed
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: (personnel supervision, budgets, performance, etc.)
- Event Specific Budgets
- Manage and coordinate vendors as needed (e.g., videographers, photographers, etc.)
- Assistance in coordination and event operations with interns as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- 2-5 years of demonstrated experience in marketing required; sports marketing preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (technical, communication, interpersonal, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Resourceful; creative problem solver; detail-oriented; highly organized; strong editing skills.
- Must be comfortable crafting well-structured, solid strategic marketing plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient and active user of multiple social media platforms
- Experience in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Rush and/or Premiere Pro preferred
- Experience with online applications
- Proficient in social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat.
- Must be an enthusiastic team player willing to work evenings and weekends at events. Some travel may be required.
- Ability and comfort level to interact with clients, board members, event rightsholders, facility managers and vendors.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (overtime, travel, physical demands, and conditions)
- Must be an enthusiastic team player willing to work evenings and weekends as needed for events. Some travel may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle object and office tools, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is exposed to an office environment with noise levels usually moderate.