Sales Exec- Home Improvement Lending Partnerships
LendKey is solving a complex challenge—to improve lives with lending made simple—by helping financial institutions compete in the digital age and provide a delightful customer experience, while providing borrowers with the simple, transparent, digital borrowing experience they have come to expect and desire. LendKey works with hundreds of credit unions and banks to conduct their education and home improvement loan programs.
We are working towards building the best Home Improvement Loan platform in the market, and the person in this role will help drive new contractors to our platform. This position will be stepping into a business line experiencing 5x YoY origination growth, with significant scale opportunity and expectations in 2022.
What you’ll do:
· Become the subject matter expert on LendKey’s home improvement offering and the broader competitor landscape
· Effectively qualify and quantify all potential contractor and partnership opportunities
· Leverage your rolodex of current contractors, contractor networks, and affiliate relationships to develop a pipeline of potential prospects for LendKey’s product offering
· Identify business opportunities by identifying contractor prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options. Work with VP of Point-of-Sale Lending for any applicable prospect negotiations, potential revenue shares, or meaningful process change requests
· Create and prospect a list of potential partnerships
· Receive, qualify, and pitch inbound contractor and partner leads
· Work with and transition referred contractors to LendKey’s Contractor Account Management
· Assist in launch, grow, and ongoing maintenance of onboarded contractor and partner accounts
· Represent LendKey and the product offering at industry conferences and shows
· Identify product improvements or new product opportunities by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
· Work with Contractor Account Management and referred contractors on the platform, where applicable, to work through any problems, challenges, or issues in the application process.
· Gather market and customer information and provide feedback on industry trends, using data driven approach.
What we’re looking for:
· Hunter mentality. Desire to build a book of business and work across internal functions for small wins each week to help build business foundation for longer term success
· Creative and thoughtful. You look to fully understand your current and prospective partners needs to bring a solution that may not be the obvious or “one size fits all” one.
· Measured with your approach to partnership. You’re looking to qualify partnerships for fit rather than forcing something to work. You’re willing to put opportunities on the backburner if they don’t work right now.Results-focused & willing to ‘get hands dirty’ to drive results forward
· Able to achieve results amidst a growing business and product, and juggle competing priorities from various stakeholders and parties
· Experience in the home improvement market, specifically in contractor driven lending, construction SaSS platforms, manufacturer, or the like
· Direct experience with an indirect home improvement lender is a big plus
· Deep knowledge of the various construction verticals (HVAC, Windows/Doors, Roofing, etc.)
· An existing rolodex of contractors, contractor networks, franchises, affiliates, and manufactures
· Minimum of several years of experience in a Sales or Account Management role in the Contractor, Home Improvement, or related space
· Strong analytical background
· Comfort with technology and curiosity to understand technology challenges
· Problem solver; strong written and verbal communication skill; team-player