- 100% of our Co-Ops would recommend Findorff to a friend
- Our Co-Ops rate their experience as a 4.89 out of 5!
The PE Co-op is an entry level position and a great way to gain exposure and knowledge in the construction industry. You'll be placed in the Project Management, Field Operations, or Preconstruction department to gain experience from project start to close. With over 132 years in the industry, we'll make sure you rub elbows with all the right folks. We're a supportive and collaborative group and we want to help fill your toolbox with hands-on learning experiences.
Come join Findorff as a Project Engineer Co-Op this Spring/Summer (January - August) or Summer/Fall (June - December) in College Park, Maryland!
Like what you hear so far? Of course, you do! Hit apply like a hammer to a nail and let's start building your dream career!
GAIN ON-THE-JOB EXPERIENCE:
- Update construction plans (using Bluebeam/electronic document center)
- Post and write RFIs (request for information)
- Track/process submittals
- Take progress photos and write executive summaries
- Communicate with prospective bidders
- Review submittals/shop drawings and track/process submittals
- Follow-up with subs/suppliers
- Execute punch lists and other job close-out procedures
- Technical Tour Tuesday (designed for Co-ops and new employees to explore other job sites and learn about interesting aspects of different projects – and have tacos!)
- Visit other job sites (see projects from other sectors: Education, Science/Tech, Corporate or Healthcare)
- Mock Bid Day (partner with other Findorff Co-ops and participate in Mock Bid Day)
- Offsite events (Findorff helps organize multiple events for Co-ops/Interns so you can network with other students on different projects)
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to work independently and on a team
- Tech savvy with strong computer skills
- Open to College students pursuing an undergraduate degree (traditional or nontraditional) or master's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.