SynTerra is looking for a Professional Environmental Engineer to lead our Remediation team and help our clients succeed. You should have 8-10+ years of experience in environmental assessment and remediation, designing solutions for affected groundwater and soil. This position requires the ability to manage deadlines and deliverables, while also delegating tasks to team members. This position requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other environmental professionals.
*Office location is flexible, with ability to work remotely.
The Environmental Remediation engineer will oversee remediation projects that address affected soil, soil vapor, sediment, surface water, or groundwater. You will prepare or direct the following:
- Feasibility studies for remedial action alternatives
- Conceptual remedial action plans and documents
- Remedial action figures and drawings
- Collaboration with detailed design engineers for plans and drawings for remediation systems as the engineer of record
- Implementation of remedial systems, including coordinating subcontractors
- Operation and maintenance of remedial systems, particularly in identifying problems and assisting with correcting the identified problems
- Mentor group members and other company professionals
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering
- Master’s degree in relevant field a plus
- Minimum 8 years experience in environmental remediation
- Professional Engineer in North Carolina and South Carolina or able to obtain through reciprocity
- Strong technical writing skills and strong verbal skills
- Excellent project/task management skills· 40 hr. OSHA HAZWOPER-qualified a plus
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
SynTerra is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation, or any other characteristics protected by law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies.