PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking a full time Billing Specialist I.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner".
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Perform all data entry and clerical functions to process patient billings, insurance eligibility, claims, and payments.
- Detailed knowledge and application of ICD-10, CPT and HCPTS coding systems.
- Process Medicaid eligibility letters daily.
- Prepare and print bills for spend down requests.
- Print CMS 1500’s and ADA forms weekly, prepare for mailing.
- Interpret and apply insurance eligibility and billing requirements.
- Organize and file explanation of benefits from insurance companies monthly
- Post incoming payments and denials from insurance companies with a 100 % accuracy rate.
- High School diploma or GED
- One (1) year recent medical billing experience (within last 18 months) or graduation from an accredited Medical Billing program with three (3) months recent experience (within last 6 months) in a medical billing department
- Experience and/or ability to work with electronic health record systems