STOKED ON HENHOUSE BREWING!
HenHouse was founded in 2011 in Sonoma County. Our purpose is to produce an amazing and rotating line up of awesome beers with an uncompromising and fearless pursuit of our goals; which are creating new and interesting types of delicious beers with freshness and quality in the forefront, creating meaningful and living wage positions, and to make a difference in our community. Our talented team is committed to making, selling, delivering and serving beer with this intention and purpose in mind.
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, CA
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
The Maintenance technician ensures continued brewery and facility operations by troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and modifying brewery equipment and facility infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not an exhaustive list of all job functions. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner. Within the HenHouse team, our members always find ways to look after the business, their co-workers, and the beer!
- Adhere to HenHouse and OSHA safety standards
- Work on assigned projects and respond to emergency maintenance calls
- Perform basic mechanical troubleshooting
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting
- Perform basic plumbing and piping operations
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance on facility infrastructure as well as brewery equipment. This includes, but is not limited to:
- General brewery infrastructure (steam, glycol, compressed air, CO2, water)
- Canning line, Kegging line and associated equipment
- Brewhouse and associated equipment
- Fermentation tanks, packaging tanks and associated equipment
- Various pumps and control systems
- Maintain shop machines and tools.
- Maintain organization for tools and parts
-Assist with and promote general facility cleanliness
-Perform other related duties as assigned.
-Maintain and promote a positive work environment with a focus on safety and preventative maintenance
-Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with co workers
-With Maintenance Manager, work to continuously improve quality at HenHouse Brewing Company
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Position is hourly. HenHouse offers competitive wages, initial wage to be determined based on experience. You'll get to work in a fun, fast and stoked work environment. Benefits include: comprehensive health insurance (medical, vision, dental), life insurance, pet benefits, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), 401(K), paid time off (PTO), and more!
JUSTICE, EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY (JEDI):
We strive to create workplaces that reflect the community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that every person brings a unique perspective and experience which enriches and advances our mission to provide Meaningful Employment, Improved Beer Quality for the End Consumer and to Create Wealth for Our Community.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have electrical safety knowledge
- Must be apple to demonstrate troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to TIG weld a plus
- Ability to read schematics blueprints and equipment manuals
- Ability to work independently and execute job responsibilities with limited guidance and supervision
- Schedule flexibility
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Schedule for this position varies due to the nature of the work
- Demonstrated capability in organizing and managing projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, dependability and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Honesty and integrity – display the highest standards of and ethical conduct personally and professionally
- Proven effective time management, productivity and prioritization skills
- Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Committed to excellence, goal oriented and driven/accountable to meet objectives/goals – wants to make a difference and contribute positively to company success
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is ready to work with a “can do” attitude and willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit
- Accountability – accepts responsibility for behavior; and starting, controlling and completing tasks
- Must demonstrate moderate computer and smartphone skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years prior experience as a Maintenance Technician
- Experience in food or beverage industries, preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingual, verbal and written, (Spanish), preferred
- The traditional methods of performing job functions for this position are reflected below. Reasonable accommodations may be made when such accommodations do not create an undue hardship.
- Must be of legal drinking age (21 years of age)
- Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, capable of communicating vital information. Accurate and clear vision and hearing
- Ability to remain standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel, talk and hear
- Excellent vision and hand-eye coordination
- Physical ability to lift heavy objects
Regularly: Wet or humid conditions (non-weather); Work near moving mechanical parts;
Frequently: Fumes or airborne particles; Toxic or caustic chemicals;
Occasionally: Work in high, precarious places; Risk of electrical shock; Extreme heat (non-weather);
Noise level: Loud
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a retail/bar atmosphere with outdoor weather conditions and a moderate to loud noise level.