Job Title: Inventory Control/Material Handler
The Inventory Control/Material Handler will maintain the organization’s inventory. They will receive and ship items while maintaining accurate records of inventory. This person will work alongside a dedicated team in a fast-paced environment. The Inventory Control Material Handler will communicate departmental needs with the inventory control team and ensure proper policies and procedures are being followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Notifies the Inventory Control Leader of any discrepancies between what was ordered and what was received.
· Provides inventory reports to Inventory Control Leader.
· Maintains accurate daily records of goods received and shipments made.
· Manages and maintains inventory system; facilitates upgrades to related database and/or software under the direction of the purchasing or inventory control manager.
· Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
· Assists with periodic physical inventory audits.
· Prepares supply orders by pulling materials, packing boxes, creating shipping labels, and preparing materials for company orders.
· Prepares production orders by pulling and preparing materials for production team.
· Unload trucks, check in materials, match packing list to items received.
· Moves materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas while maintaining accurate records of movements.
· Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat.
· Complete required reports and records.
· Operate the forklift in a safe and responsible manner, adhering to all operational guidelines, safety standards, and company policies. Ensure the proper loading and unloading of materials, supplies, and equipment.
· Performs other related duties as requested.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Excellent communication skills with warehouse Team Members, outside departments, and external vendors.
· Basic understanding of inventory control procedures.
· Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
· Ability to perform basic math calculations.
· Experience with computerized inventory systems required.
· Forklift operator certification preferred.
· Proven experience operating forklifts in a professional setting.
· Strong commitment to safety and strict adherence to safety regulations and best practices.
· Must be able to navigate warehouse and perform physical tasks such as lifting, bending, and standing for extended periods.
· Keen attention to detail to ensure accurate material handling and inventory management.
· Effective communication skills to collaborate with team members and follow instructions accurately.
· Dependable and punctual with a strong work ethic to meet scheduled shifts and deliver excellent service consistently.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities and demands.
· Must be able to lift 75 pounds at times.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.