Data and Reporting Associate
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Evaluation
Compensation: $38,471 - $42,746
HIRING BONUS: All new employees will receive a $3,000 hiring bonus!
The Northside Achievement Zone (NAZ) is a bold and innovative collaborative effort to close the achievement gap in the geographic “Zone” of North Minneapolis. The purpose of our work is to end multigenerational poverty in our community, using education as a lever. We use a data-driven, evidence-based, achievement-focused model in which both children and their families move through a “cradle-to-career” ecosystem that provides comprehensive support. NAZ is a leading initiative in the national Promise Neighborhoods and cradle to college/career movement. As NAZ learns what works with families in North Minneapolis to address complex issues related to urban poverty, strategies are being set up for replication and informing the regional, state, and national field.
The Data & Reporting Associate supports the NAZ ecosystem as a member of the Data Innovation (DI) team by engaging in data management, providing user support, supporting the ongoing building and development of our data system, and supporting reporting within this data system. This system is the core database used internally by NAZ and also shared among a network of more than 30 nonprofit organizations and schools.
- Support administration of the organization’s database with a focus on getting data into the data system. Includes coordinating data sharing with partners (reconciliation and outcome data) and monitoring of data fidelity. Work with DI Team to implement and maintain systems, reporting structures and procedures.
- Serve as point person for addressing user support needs, which includes responding to user questions, providing training and overall support to ensure data integrity and efficient and effective use of the data system. Adapt training and support to unique needs of users as needed.
- Contribute to and enforce procedures for protection of privacy in data and reporting.
- Engage with users to understand reporting needs and work with DI Team to develop and maintain reports (including site reports) for ongoing use and to support ad hoc requests.
- Continuous Improvement: Build relationships with users, capture feedback and insights and support continuous improvement efforts to ensure efficient and effective user experience. Assist DI Team in creation of data quality improvement strategies.
- Serve as point person and supporter for NAZ staff and partners to facilitate successful use of the data system and building and maintaining a data culture at NAZ.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- BA degree in social sciences, statistics, computer science, data science or a related field.
- A practical and functional understanding of data collection, data formatting and exchange, database structures, data analysis, and reporting/linking complex tables.
- Experience manipulating large datasets using Excel or equivalent.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt to audience.
- Demonstrated experience successfully providing customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, follow-through with details, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand complex organizational work.
- Strong commitment to NAZ mission and goals, particularly the expectation that children growing up in North Minneapolis can succeed in academics and college.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with a relational database and report writer.
- Experience using Salesforce
- Familiarity with data privacy requirements such as HIPAA, FERPA, and Mental Health Protections preferred as well as informed consent processes.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- This is a hybrid role; the individual will complete a portion of their work onsite at the NAZ facility located in North Minneapolis, MN 55411
- Work includes frequent walking up and down stairs, lifting, sitting, and bending.
- Regular operation of normal office machines (computer, copier, and fax) is required.
- There are occasional evenings and weekends required.
- Limited travel may be required.
Vaccine Requirement: NAZ requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be made with Human Resources upon hire.